Windows 10: Quick access missing in file explorer.

Discus and support Quick access missing in file explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cant get quick access to come up and not sure why [ATTACH] any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James Shaheen, May 15, 2019.

1. Quick access missing in file explorer.

Cant get quick access to come up and not sure why
    Quick access missing in file explorer. 5b7dfbe2-53b0-41f5-b3d0-7b1025ba146f?upload=true.png

any ideas?

:)

James Shaheen, May 15, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, May 15, 2019
  3. File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, May 15, 2019
  4. Quick access missing in file explorer.

Why no Quick Access button on Windows 10 File Explorer?

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

It might be that File Explorer is being opened in This PC instead of Quick Access, so follow the below steps to change the same.

Open File Explorer > Go to View tab > Select
    Options > In the Open File Explorer to list, select
    Quick Access from the drop-down list > click on Apply >
    OK.

Once you change the option to Quick Access, File Explorer will be opened in Quick Access with the recent files.

Once you make these changes, let us know the result.

We await your reply.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Quick access missing in file explorer.

1. Quick access missing in file explorer. - Similar Threads - Quick access missing

2. File explorer home icon and quick access missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer home icon and quick access missing: Hi Microsoft,Encounter a few problems on file explorer after the recent Windows 11 22H2 update. Please advice on the solution. Thanks.1. Home icon missing dropdown menu that showing the quick access 2. Quick access shortcut are placing in the middle section rather than hiding...
  3. File explorer home icon and quick access missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer home icon and quick access missing: Hi Microsoft,Encounter a few problems on file explorer after the recent Windows 11 22H2 update. Please advice on the solution. Thanks.1. Home icon missing dropdown menu that showing the quick access 2. Quick access shortcut are placing in the middle section rather than hiding...
  4. Quick Access file explorer option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access file explorer option is missing: Hello, I am running Windows 11 insider program I know it's still in beta however, I am having issues with the quick access option now there to select I have Home and This PC with two other options I currently have on This PC I tried everything I could find to fix the issue...
  5. Quick Access file explorer option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access file explorer option is missing: Hello, I am running Windows 11 insider program I know it's still in beta however, I am having issues with the quick access option now there to select I have Home and This PC with two other options I currently have on This PC I tried everything I could find to fix the issue...
  6. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  7. File Explorer Quick Access

File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...
  8. Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing: [ATTACH] Please help me, my quick access toolbar in file explorer is gone.. my view options are still on quick access and i just can seem to find any fix for it.. im thinking of reinstalling windows but i want that to do that as the last option.....
  9. Quick access files missing

Quick access files missing: Nothing shows up in Quick access. I have found a lot of youtube videos and suggestions on Reddit, but all of the advice is outdated and/or doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-files-missing/9f8169e5-347b-434e-8f7d-4d11a35a8f40"
  10. Files missing in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Files missing in Quick Access: Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to Quick Access. Thanks in advance. 112181

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick access is missing from file explorer

2. lost quick access to file explorer