Windows 10: Quick Access not deleting history, Win 10

Discus and support Quick Access not deleting history, Win 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Quick access in File Explorer is not deleting the history in Windows 10 I have unchecked the boxes for "Show recently viewed Files" and "Frequently... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AN55000, Oct 20, 2020.

1. AN55000 Win User

Quick Access not deleting history, Win 10

Quick access in File Explorer is not deleting the history in Windows 10

I have unchecked the boxes for "Show recently viewed Files" and "Frequently used folders" in Options.

I have clicked Clear History.

But Quick access continues to show last 50 files

How do I clear this ?

:)

AN55000, Oct 20, 2020

2. Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Quick Access

The reply isn't helpful unfortunately.

The question/posting wasn't about deleting files or permanently deleting files.

But about the display of recent files in Quick Access view, which is shown when opening File Explorer => Windows 10.

Quick Access shows a list of (supposedly) recent files that have been opened. It doesn't automatically update when other files are opened.

My question was about listings in Quick Access that showed files as having been moved or renamed when in fact they had been deleted (I would suggest the Recycle Bin).

So to my partner the Quick Access listing was stating I had (attempted to) move/rename the files (and therefore hide them from her) whereas I had actually deleted them.

I would appreciate someone verifying this is plausible with the way file listings are listed in Windows 10/Quick Access.

PeterM_PRM, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Quick Access not deleting history, Win 10

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Quick Access not deleting history, Win 10

1. Quick Access not deleting history, Win 10 - Similar Threads - Quick Access deleting

2. how to delete protected folder access blocked message from PROTECTION HISTORY in win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete protected folder access blocked message from PROTECTION HISTORY in win 10: few days later I got protected folder access blocked notification and i want to delete it from my protection history or it deletes it automatically from it...
  3. how to delete protected folder access blocked message from PROTECTION HISTORY in win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete protected folder access blocked message from PROTECTION HISTORY in win 10: few days later I got protected folder access blocked notification and i want to delete it from my protection history or it deletes it automatically from it...
  4. how to delete protected folder access blocked message from PROTECTION HISTORY in win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. my quick access keep deleteing it self

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my quick access keep deleteing it self: my quick access history keeps deleting should I be worried about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-quick-access-keep-deleteing-it-self/eab063be-a810-4550-a9b9-59094a13b0fb
  6. Quick Access Favorites Folders are being Deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Favorites Folders are being Deleted: Windows 10 21H1Ill play a game, and when i load the game, Windows Will Suddenly DELETE my Favorites Folders... ALL of themwhen i goto the folder C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinationsIts empty, where once i had 15 destinations,...
  7. How to delete a folder from quick access

How to delete a folder from quick access: I deleted a folder that is listed in quick access. Now I cannot unpin it from quick access. I tried recreating the folder, but it still says the folder does not exist when I click on it in QA. If I try to unpin it nothing happens. How do I get rid of it?...
  8. How do you delete the "Search Quick Access" bar history in File Explorer (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you delete the "Search Quick Access" bar history in File Explorer (Windows 10): Something that's been bugging me for quite a long time and now my OCD is getting the best of me as I'm glued to my computer at home. I've tried going into File Explorer Options and clicking the "clear" button in the privacy section, but it doesn't work. Is there a way to...
  9. Quick Access populating issue win Windows 10

Quick Access populating issue win Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone know... seems that Quick Access is not auto populating like it did in Win 7. I can manually add shortcuts but it doesn't seem to add automatically. I have checked the setting in View; Options; View. I even reset defaults. Any thoughts? MartyK47...
  10. WINDOWS 10 quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    WINDOWS 10 quick access: WINDOWS 10 in quick access how delete group name frequent files 49951