Windows 10: Quick Access not displaying properly

Discus and support Quick Access not displaying properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open up File Explorer or navigate to Quick Access it is only displaying a list of files like a normal folder. I recently updated to 20H2 but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dudeawsomeness1, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Quick Access not displaying properly

When I open up File Explorer or navigate to Quick Access it is only displaying a list of files like a normal folder. I recently updated to 20H2 but I don't remember if the update coincided with this bug. Here is a screenshot:

Quick Access not displaying properly b2bb16f9-436b-4aa7-a46b-26339cbaeed3?upload=true.jpg

When saving this screenshot I thought to try opening Quick Access in the save dialog and it actually worked but it won't work if I use File Explorer in the normal context.

Quick Access not displaying properly 6178f288-1803-4454-8b57-f7bbb5b25081?upload=true.jpg

So far I have tried deleting the "QatItems" registry entry but it did nothing other than resetting the contents. I can change the Layout in the View tab but I cannot reorder the items because clicking on the columns does nothing. OS build info:

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎7/‎31/‎2020

OS build 19042.746

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

Dudeawsomeness1, Jan 22, 2021

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 22, 2021
  3. update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Quick Access not displaying properly

Quick Access

The reply isn't helpful unfortunately.

The question/posting wasn't about deleting files or permanently deleting files.

But about the display of recent files in Quick Access view, which is shown when opening File Explorer => Windows 10.

Quick Access shows a list of (supposedly) recent files that have been opened. It doesn't automatically update when other files are opened.

My question was about listings in Quick Access that showed files as having been moved or renamed when in fact they had been deleted (I would suggest the Recycle Bin).

So to my partner the Quick Access listing was stating I had (attempted to) move/rename the files (and therefore hide them from her) whereas I had actually deleted them.

I would appreciate someone verifying this is plausible with the way file listings are listed in Windows 10/Quick Access.

PeterM_PRM, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Quick Access not displaying properly

1. Quick Access not displaying properly - Similar Threads - Quick Access displaying

2. Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly: when I access the Quick Access folder all I get is 4 folders - Desktop, Downloads, Documents this PC and Pictures this PC. As someone who uses Onedrive almost completely this is useless. I've been working on my PC all day and none of the folders I've accessed appear here....
  3. Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly: when I access the Quick Access folder all I get is 4 folders - Desktop, Downloads, Documents this PC and Pictures this PC. As someone who uses Onedrive almost completely this is useless. I've been working on my PC all day and none of the folders I've accessed appear here....
  4. Quick access not showing up properly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access not showing up properly.: Quick access for a while has been broken in a way that forced it to not be able to separate pinned folders and recent files. [ATTACH] The test images aren't being put in a separate category. Meanwhile in a separate virtual machine I use for school, my quick access looks...
  5. Quick Access

Quick Access: My recently used files, pictures, folders are not showing up in Quick Access. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access/67635b7c-fa07-41e7-a62f-cbf62ea4cd60
  6. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access: In the Windows Explorer, 'Quick access' is a very useful feature where recently opened files, folders or applications are displayed for reopening without much explorer browsing. Please see the following screenshot. [ATTACH] Screenshots, Box Sync, Onedrive, Dropbox and...
  7. quick access

quick access: When I pull up a quick access, I want to see the pictures in it. Not some icon for how it should be opened. I wanna see the actual picture. I tried all the supposed 'fixes' and nothing works. Can someone pls help me. Am running windows 10 on my laptop.Thanks...
  8. Quick Access

Quick Access: I have completed a part of my university coursework and saved, cannot be sure however assumed it would be in documents somewhere so wasn't too fussed. It was sat in my quick access but I couldn't find it anywhere else or move it to a different folder so I tried to remove from...
  9. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access: On Windows 10 -I have Documents under Quick Access - that are identical to PC documents. If I delete a file on Quick Access it deletes it on PC. How do I get rid of the dual files and not loose anything? Is this taking up my storage or hard drive, I am running slower and...
  10. quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    quick access: When you add things anomalously to the quick access why do you not allow the users to delete old flawed information completely? When you allow old information, that in most cases has been changed or altered, then you hurt the MS users by having them click on the information...