Windows 10: quick access not looking like to what it used to be

Discus and support quick access not looking like to what it used to be in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i deleted some files from the appdata folder to save space old software/games to install cs go but then quick access started to look weird please help,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UnkownKnown, Jul 12, 2021.

1. quick access not looking like to what it used to be

i deleted some files from the appdata folder to save space old software/games to install cs go but then quick access started to look weird please help, it definetely didnt look like this before help please.

:)

UnkownKnown, Jul 12, 2021

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 12, 2021
  3. update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jul 12, 2021
  4. quick access not looking like to what it used to be

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

quick access not looking like to what it used to be

1. quick access not looking like to what it used to be - Similar Threads - quick access looking

2. what does a EPKEA license look like?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    what does a EPKEA license look like?: I have HP Win10 image, and below is the License inforun "slmgr /dlv":Description: WindowsR, Operation System, OEM_COA_NSLP_channelProduct Key Channel: OEM:NONSLPIs this a EPKEA license? If not, how should I tell a EPKEA license from License info? Thanks....
  3. what does a EPKEA license look like?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does a EPKEA license look like?: I have HP Win10 image, and below is the License inforun "slmgr /dlv":Description: WindowsR, Operation System, OEM_COA_NSLP_channelProduct Key Channel: OEM:NONSLPIs this a EPKEA license? If not, how should I tell a EPKEA license from License info? Thanks....
  4. what does a EPKEA license look like?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What does your Default Apps looks like? Mine looks like this.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does your Default Apps looks like? Mine looks like this.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jolenebecomesreal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo18k9/what_does_your_default_apps_looks_like_mine_looks/
  6. What will microsoft windows 11 look like?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What will microsoft windows 11 look like?: Hello i am windows microsoft help but i dont know everything so here is my question How will win. 11 look like? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- well i...
  7. Quick Access Look ISSUE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Look ISSUE!: Hi, I am experiencing issue with Quick Access view from few days, it looks like above image, instead of [ATTACH] looking like this [ATTACH] What should I do to make it looks like previous...
  8. Quick Look

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Look: Windows 10 won't let me choose Quick Look as the default photo viewer. The app doesn't work in Photoshop and it isn't listed among the apps to choose from in settings>default apps. I just migrated from Mac OS and their Preview app has automatic spacebar enlargement,...
  9. Does this look like Windows 7 or what?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does this look like Windows 7 or what?: Hi I'm done setting up Windows 10. I have all my software installed, my links all set up, and I've made a disk image of the Windows 10 partition. I removed all the app links from the start menu, and move the Feed Back Icon to the task bar. Does this look like...
  10. Quick Access looks different.

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access looks different.: My original quick access does not look like this, I tried to clear my recent searches and restore default but it didn't change. Hope you might help. [img] 82263