Windows 10: Quick access opens on the bottom

Discus and support Quick access opens on the bottom in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why the heck does "Quick Access" in Win Explorer or an office 365 app open/save always open at the bottom of the list - have to drag it to the top to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveHuhta, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Quick access opens on the bottom

Why the heck does "Quick Access" in Win Explorer or an office 365 app open/save always open at the bottom of the list - have to drag it to the top to see things in the order I have put them in. Quick Access is very useful but, can not imagine why it comes defaulted to open at the bottom of the list. this causes another click and drag which kind of defeats the purpose of a "quick access" - I drag and drop folders to get them in a top down order of use -thanks in advance

:)

SteveHuhta, Aug 2, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Quick access opens on the bottom

Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Quick access opens on the bottom

1. Quick access opens on the bottom - Similar Threads - Quick access opens

2. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  3. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  4. Download folder not opening in Quick Access

Download folder not opening in Quick Access: Hello guys, My pc was working just fine until today, when I tried to open the Download folder from Quick Access. The whole File Explorer froze, and it wouldn't let me do anything. I eventually killed it with Task Manager, and tried to reopen it, but it didn't work too. I...
  5. How to move Quick access to the bottom of the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move Quick access to the bottom of the navigation pane: As the title says I'm trying to move the quick access entry of the navigation pane to the bottom of my order but I can't find the correct registry entry to do that. No matter what order index I assign to other items on my navigation pane they never move above quick access...
  6. quick access

quick access: When I pull up a quick access, I want to see the pictures in it. Not some icon for how it should be opened. I wanna see the actual picture. I tried all the supposed 'fixes' and nothing works. Can someone pls help me. Am running windows 10 on my laptop.Thanks...
  7. Quick Access

Quick Access: I have completed a part of my university coursework and saved, cannot be sure however assumed it would be in documents somewhere so wasn't too fussed. It was sat in my quick access but I couldn't find it anywhere else or move it to a different folder so I tried to remove from...
  8. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access: On Windows 10 -I have Documents under Quick Access - that are identical to PC documents. If I delete a file on Quick Access it deletes it on PC. How do I get rid of the dual files and not loose anything? Is this taking up my storage or hard drive, I am running slower and...
  9. File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible: Hiyas, for some applications I can't expand/see/modify Quick access category. It onlly shows in left pane collapsed. If I click on random folder in file browser part and choose rightclick menu Pin to Quick access, I get error message Incorect parameter. Weird, appreciate any...
  10. Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access": I find it really annoying that I have to scroll up the left nav bar to quick access when I open a Explorer window. I went to View, Options and set "Open File Explorer to: Quick Access" but it still opens to This PC. Anyone know how to fix that? 102962