Windows 10: Quick Access Pins Disappear

Discus and support Quick Access Pins Disappear in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins stay, but the ones I add do not. Any solutions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KatieAbel, Oct 26, 2020.

1. KatieAbel Win User

Quick Access Pins Disappear

The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins stay, but the ones I add do not. Any solutions?

:)

KatieAbel, Oct 26, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Oct 26, 2020
  4. psyvjor Win User

Quick Access is Always Empty and Can't Pin Folders + Taskbar Programs Menu Disappeared

Basically I can't pin anymore. I'm not getting an error when I pin. Whenever I pin it's not appearing in quick access. But it appears on the file explorer jump list on the taskbar. I already tried other solutions like emptying these locations:

• %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\
    • %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\
    • %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\
    but it doesn't work, it only made things worse. The jump list menu disappeared for pinned programs, like chrome ("start in incognito mode" and the like menus disappeared when i right clicked programs on taskbar).

Now i have 2 problems, quick access won't show my pinned folders and taskbar menu disappeared.

psyvjor, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Quick Access Pins Disappear - Similar Threads - Quick Access Pins

2. Pin to Quick Access Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin to Quick Access Gone: Ok, so Quick Access is now Home - thanks for telling us @MiCrOsOfT. But the right click option of "Pin to Quick Access" to create a short cut is still there but does not show in Home. How does that work @MiCrOsOfT?...
  3. Quick Access has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access has disappeared: Just went to save a file and the 'Quick Access' option in the save dialogue has disappeared. I ran a scan using an elevated command prompt sfc / scannow and this came up clean. Attempting to add items to 'Add to Quick Access' via the context menu doesn't do anything. Thanks...
  4. Quick Access has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access has disappeared: Just went to save a file and the 'Quick Access' option in the save dialogue has disappeared. I ran a scan using an elevated command prompt sfc / scannow and this came up clean. Attempting to add items to 'Add to Quick Access' via the context menu doesn't do anything. Thanks...
  5. Quick Access Pins Disappearing On Windows 10, 20H1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access Pins Disappearing On Windows 10, 20H1: Problem is as mentioned.I dont even know when it starts disappearing. After a few hours, it just disappears from Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-pins-disappearing-on-windows-10-20h1/64d02b21-9b64-40a4-b185-f3e312143997
  6. Folders pinned to Quick Access and files pinned to Taskbar Icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folders pinned to Quick Access and files pinned to Taskbar Icons disappeared: Windows 10 I reported this issue a few weeks ago. I received advice which I followed and seemed to cure my problems. Now, some 3 weeks later it has happened again. PS It may be a coincidence but Onedrive is also failing to auto start on boot-up. It has been working...
  7. Quick Access Disappeared Links

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Disappeared Links: File Explorer Quick Access is missing all of the links I added to it, leaving only the default "desktop" "downloads" documents" and “pictures". I’ve been on hold with MS tech support for two and a half hours. Should I just give up and rebuild it? I’d also been having issues...
  8. Pin to quick access repetition

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to quick access repetition: It seems that by default, certain folders are pinned to quick access: Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Desktop. I keep unpinning them, and they keep pinning themselves back. Whats up with that? 157701
  9. Quick Access Disappears...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Disappears...: When opening a folder/file in File Explorer from the Quick Access items, File Explorer sometimes, but not always will open up the tree under "This PC". This often takes me to sub-sub-sub-folders of the Quick Access item, and because the tree is so large, my Quick Access...
  10. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f