Windows 10: Quick Access pins don't work

Discus and support Quick Access pins don't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While it shows recent files, somehow my pinned folders were removed. This is after doing a clean installation of Windows 10 (via Reset my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidvkimball, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Quick Access pins don't work

While it shows recent files, somehow my pinned folders were removed.

This is after doing a clean installation of Windows 10 (via Reset my PC post-upgrade from 8.1 Pro).

Here's the dialogue box when I try to pin my user folder to Quick Access:

Quick Access pins don't work [​IMG]

Here's what my Quick Access folder looks like:

Quick Access pins don't work [​IMG]

As you can see, my recent files show up, but my pinned folders have disappeared and Windows does not allow me to pin any folders at all (via error above).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

David

:)

davidvkimball, Aug 12, 2015
  2. sjcook5 Win User

Can you pin a file (not folder) to the "Quick Access" in Windows Explorer - in Windows 10

I just updated to Windows 10 and would like to know if you can you pin a file to Quick access in Windows 10? I don't mean pinning to the application shortcut on the taskbar or pinning to the taskbar, I mean pinning a file to Quick access in File Explorer.

I am able to "pin to quick access" folders but not files. I have a few files I access a lot and would like to have then in Quick Access (I don't want short cuts on my desktop).

sjcook5, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Lis4cg Win User
    Quick Access Disabled in Windows 10

Quick Access show recent files does not work and I can't pin a file to Quick Access. When I right click a file there is no line for Pin to Quick Access. When I open the file, the Pin to Quick Access display is disabled. Folders do appear under Quick Access
    but not files. Clearly, your last update did something.

Lis4cg, Aug 12, 2015
  4. RedArmy20 Win User

Quick Access pins don't work

Hi. I am having exactly the same problem. I get a list of recent files but if I select 'pin to quick access' nothing happens. It's very strange because it was working a few days or so ago but for some reason it's just not now! I can't drag a folder up there either. Can anyone help please with this because without favourites etc this was the new version, which I liked to have most used folders such as recycle bin, automatically add to iTunes etc it is making it anything but quick access as you have to expand all the folders etc taking a fair bit longer. Thanks in advance for any help.

RedArmy20, Aug 18, 2015
  5. What's weird it none of the updates since have fixed it.... I'm beginning to wonder what caused the issue since I did a clean install.

davidvkimball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Quick Access pins don't work

1. Quick Access pins don't work - Similar Threads - Quick Access pins

2. Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.: After updating on Windows 11 Enterprise my folders in my home tab are gone. There are still recent and favorite files but mt quick access folders are gone. Also on the left side where my quick access folders usually are under "home" they are gone and pinning new folders to...
  3. Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Quick Access folders gone and Pin to Quick Access not working.: After updating on Windows 11 Enterprise my folders in my home tab are gone. There are still recent and favorite files but mt quick access folders are gone. Also on the left side where my quick access folders usually are under "home" they are gone and pinning new folders to...
  4. Pin to Quick Access Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to Quick Access Gone: Ok, so Quick Access is now Home - thanks for telling us @MiCrOsOfT. But the right click option of "Pin to Quick Access" to create a short cut is still there but does not show in Home. How does that work @MiCrOsOfT?...
  5. Pin to Quick Access Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin to Quick Access Gone: Ok, so Quick Access is now Home - thanks for telling us @MiCrOsOfT. But the right click option of "Pin to Quick Access" to create a short cut is still there but does not show in Home. How does that work @MiCrOsOfT?...
  6. Quick Access Pins Disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access Pins Disappear: The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins stay, but the ones I add do not. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-pins-disappear/5596e1d2-9295-4c4c-a0be-d9080ac59077
  7. pin folder to quick access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pin folder to quick access not working: I cannot pin folders to quick access. It is only showing Recent Files. I've looked extensiely online and found simliar issues from 5 years ago and with an error message but I'm not getting an error message. Not comfortable messing with the registry - this pc is only a week...
  8. Pin to quick access repetition

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to quick access repetition: It seems that by default, certain folders are pinned to quick access: Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Desktop. I keep unpinning them, and they keep pinning themselves back. Whats up with that? 157701
  9. Quick Access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access not working: On my Windows 10 machine Quick Access has suddenly stopped working. All the folders which were in in it have disappeared, and I am unable to pin folders to it. Neither right-clicking and selecting "Pin to Quick access" or dragging-and-dropping folders to QA work. I do not...
  10. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f