Windows 10: Quick Access populating issue win Windows 10

Discus and support Quick Access populating issue win Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone know... seems that Quick Access is not auto populating like it did in Win 7. I can manually add shortcuts but it doesn't seem to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartyK47, Jan 28, 2019.

1. MartyK47 Win User

Quick Access populating issue win Windows 10

Hi,

Does anyone know... seems that Quick Access is not auto populating like it did in Win 7. I can manually add shortcuts but it doesn't seem to add automatically. I have checked the setting in View; Options; View. I even reset defaults.

Any thoughts?

MartyK47

:)

MartyK47, Jan 28, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Quick Access populating issue win Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Quick Access populating

2. Home folder issues with Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home folder issues with Quick Access: I cannot expand "Home" folder anymore. If I click the arrow to expand the Home folder, the arrow goes away instantly like it would have no subfolders, and the arrow will comes back only with a refresh.If for example I right click a folder and then select "pin to quick access"...
  3. Home folder issues with Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home folder issues with Quick Access: I cannot expand "Home" folder anymore. If I click the arrow to expand the Home folder, the arrow goes away instantly like it would have no subfolders, and the arrow will comes back only with a refresh.If for example I right click a folder and then select "pin to quick access"...
  4. Quick Access not deleting history, Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Access not deleting history, Win 10: Quick access in File Explorer is not deleting the history in Windows 10 I have unchecked the boxes for "Show recently viewed Files" and "Frequently used folders" in Options. I have clicked Clear History. But Quick access continues to show last 50 files How do I clear...
  5. Quick Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in Windows 10: I have Quick Access in Windows 10. Every time I open file explorer, I have to wait forever until the Quick Access fnishes. I have tried going to View, Options, Folders, unchecking and clear but it isn't good enough. It still takes forever if I have worked with filing...
  6. Windows 10 Quick Access

Windows 10 Quick Access: Windows 10 Quick Access will not allow me to unpin more than one folder at a time and then adds another from the source. Is ther a way to unpin more than one at a time? The normal Control or Shift does not work....
  7. Quick Access Look ISSUE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Look ISSUE!: Hi, I am experiencing issue with Quick Access view from few days, it looks like above image, instead of [ATTACH] looking like this [ATTACH] What should I do to make it looks like previous...
  8. Quick access issue

Quick access issue: I have a file on my PC that after I open it, it does not show in my "Quick access" file. All other files that I open get placed in the Quick access file, in File Explorer. Can anyone tell me why and how to correct it? The file is an Excel spreadsheet and is part of a group of...
  9. Populate Explorer's "Network" quick access tab with available box..

Populate Explorer's "Network" quick access tab with available box..: Per recent thread, Network names are diffent? Solved - Windows 10 Forums, I've discovered, was shown, that selecting Explorer's quick access "Network" link won't necessarily show all private networked boxes out there (some boxes DO show all resources - but this may be a...
  10. WINDOWS 10 quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    WINDOWS 10 quick access: WINDOWS 10 in quick access how delete group name frequent files 49951

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File Explorer Windows 10 drop down not populating

2. items not populating in quick access