Windows 10: Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files

Discus and support Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the last few days, something weird happens with my office 16 apps, I had about 3 excel documents and 1 word document that I use daily network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by karine1976, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files

For the last few days, something weird happens with my office 16 apps, I had about 3 excel documents and 1 word document that I use daily network files. But since a while, when I close Excel or word, , if I reopen it, even right away, those files that I was just using are no longer in the Recent documents and there is a list of files I have never used before instead. But if I go to "Quick Access" through Windows Explorer, the list of the files I normally use and were open before I closed excel are listed there.

What can I do to stop this from happening?? besides opening the file directly.

Thanks.

:)

karine1976, Oct 2, 2020
  2. dnkame Win User

Recently opened (word) file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

Running Windows 10 Home

Every file (word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc) that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file (.docx) and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why?

Thanks,

David

dnkame, Oct 2, 2020
  3. LeonRH Win User
    Recently used Excel Files

I know how to do that and have pinned folders to quick access. All those folder in the picture i attached are folders i pinned to quick access. But files recently open should show on the "recent files" list in the bottom half of the picture. All files
    for Word, PowerPoint, PDF, jpg, etc are showing in recent files except for Excel files. Why not Excel?

LeonRH, Oct 2, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files

1. Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files - Similar Threads - Quick access recent

2. Quick access doesnt update recent files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access doesnt update recent files: the files shown in quick access stays the same, even when i watch a new video that i just downloaded it isnt shown there, any solution to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-doesnt-update-recent-files/8a7e9c6b-4725-4b0e-9f70-10c04d63237a
  3. Quick access doesnt update recent files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access doesnt update recent files: the files shown in quick access stays the same, even when i watch a new video that i just downloaded it isnt shown there, any solution to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-doesnt-update-recent-files/8a7e9c6b-4725-4b0e-9f70-10c04d63237a
  4. Quick access doesnt update recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Quick Access & Recent files

Quick Access & Recent files: Hi i want to increase the number of "recent files" shown in the quick access function to more than 20, ideally 50. I don't want workarounds or rely on me pinning things, I just want to see more than 20 recent files. The current limit is a hindrance to my work as 20 files...
  6. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files: Running Windows 10 Home Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file .docx and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why? Thanks, David...
  7. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access: Ok, this is driving me mad. Until recently there was a fantastic feature in Windows called Recent Places (or something like that). It's no longer available and this must cost me 5 minutes per hour (for which I will invoice Microsoft.) Now there is the Quick Access menu,...
  8. recent files and folders, quick access

recent files and folders, quick access: hello all, just wondering if this is a setting that i have missed. but i really like the recent files and folders feature, I.E; recent files opened are displayed when right clicking Adobe PDF, Word, Excel, ect ect on task-bar and also recent folders shown by right...
  9. Quick access recently used files not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick access recently used files not showing: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  10. Recent file or folders in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent file or folders in Quick Access: I have browsed through Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials However it is not clear to me, how I may keep only the normal items, but not continually add "recent" items. Sorry if this seems a stupid thread, but...