Windows 10: Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders

Discus and support Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to have links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, and Pictures folders on the left. Suddenly, they were gone. This may have happened after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Janine_GA, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Janine_GA Win User

Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders

I used to have links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, and Pictures folders on the left. Suddenly, they were gone. This may have happened after a recent update.Now, to access those folders I navigate to Users folder and then to the folder with my username. This is cumbersome.How can I get them back? Thank you.

:)

Janine_GA, Nov 18, 2022
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. enso Win User
    Quick access (File Explorer) fails to search Pictures folder

• Quick access contains the folders: Documents, Music, Pictures, Video
    • On the right side of the window, there is a Quick access search field. Entering a search will find matching files in 3 folders but not matching files in the Pictures folder.
    • If I navigate directly to the Pictures folder then the search will work.
    • I’d like to fix where ever the problem is – with Quick access or the Pictures folder – and have QA searches work on all 4 folders.
    I’ve tried re-indexing / rebuilding the index and several other things, but the problem still remains. Crossing my fingers that someone here will post the much-hoped for solution!

4. enso Win User

Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

None of the folders (Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures) is pinned to Quick Access, yet searching finds contents in all of them except Pictures.

Thema:

1. Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders - Similar Threads - Quick Access Section

2. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  3. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  4. Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Section - Missing Links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, Pictures Folders: I used to have links to Documents, Download, Music, Video, and Pictures folders on the left. Suddenly, they were gone. This may have happened after a recent update.Now, to access those folders I navigate to Users folder and then to the folder with my username. This is...
  5. Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared: I was trying to move my folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" from C drive to D drive, somehow I merged them by mistake and now none of them is visible. I tried to recover them but all I did failed. What can I do?...
  6. Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Link to Music/Pics/Videos in Documents Folder: So I use a program called SyncBackPro to quickly backup my data from my computer to my external drive, it only mirrors the differences so the backup takes only a few seconds. The other day I noticed that it is copying files from my Documents folder and the progress bar...
  7. Accessing Folders from Run Menu (Documents/Downloads/Pictures/Music)

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Folders from Run Menu (Documents/Downloads/Pictures/Music): Awhile ago, I relocated my folders from my C:\ Drive to my D:\ drive. The way I'd been accessing them now is through Windows Explorer. I'd recently discovered that when using the Run Menu to access these folders, it opens up a session of Windows Explorer to the old location....
  8. Missing almost all files in Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing almost all files in Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos after...: Hello fellow redditors. I have a weird problem with my PC and missing files, to the point where after hours of google searching for a working solution, I am posting here with hopes for a good solution. Today I de-dusted my longtime PC (8 years and still going strong!) and...
  9. Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders: I recently had a motherboard failure so I added my second disc from that machine to my new one. In that old machine I specified that those folders Music, Pictures and Videos would be stored on that second drive, hoping in the event of a SSD failure, all those files would be...
  10. Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?: For those of us finally fed up with the colossal mess applications have made of them (particularly “Documents”). And also for those of us still with just the “C:\” drive to work with. I’ve long heard that it’s simply not viable to use a new “Local Disc C:\” folder for such...