Windows 10: Quick Access Sidebar Vanished

Discus and support Quick Access Sidebar Vanished in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Idk how. But my quick access sidebar is gone. How do I get it back? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brokeboy, Aug 27, 2020.

1. brokeboy Win User

Quick Access Sidebar Vanished

Idk how. But my quick access sidebar is gone. How do I get it back?

Quick Access Sidebar Vanished 5002e99e-08b3-45b2-b9d0-05c64402c856?upload=true.png

:)

brokeboy, Aug 27, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Quick Access Not Working

This happened recently. My big list of quick access items suddenly became three items (Desktop, Downloads, Documents). I tried to refresh, or add folders by pinning them to quick access but it wouldn't work. I tried a troubleshooting suggestion from another
    website, and that didn't work either. When I unpinned one item from quick access it vanished, and never came back. I still can't add anything to Quick Access still. Please someone help me here. Thank you

DustinFisher, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Quick Access Sidebar Vanished

Disabling or removing a Quick Access sidebar

When I turn on our work computer (laptop) everything works alright except this one anoying ... thingy

I've been looking everywhere on how to solve the problem, but there isn't really a topic or solution.

This is what happens.

When I start up the comp a sidebar, called Quick Access starts up as well, but it is slow and holds me back from working fluently.

So I go for the ctrl+alt+del button >> task manager, and stop the process of that sidebar.

I need to do this everything I turn on that computer.

Can anyone help me with that?

Is it a known app or gadget?

How can I disable it or even remove it?

It kinda frustrates me and I'm not really able to find it in the software list or between apps.

svenjanssens1970, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Quick Access Sidebar Vanished

1. Quick Access Sidebar Vanished - Similar Threads - Quick Access Sidebar

2. Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer: Hi there!After updating my win 10 to win 11, I have encountered a problem regarding quick access in explorer.Before the update, the quick access sidebar on the left of explorer used to be opened already. I had pinned my most used folders there so It was easy to navigate in...
  3. Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer: Hi there!After updating my win 10 to win 11, I have encountered a problem regarding quick access in explorer.Before the update, the quick access sidebar on the left of explorer used to be opened already. I had pinned my most used folders there so It was easy to navigate in...
  4. Quick Access vanished from all windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access vanished from all windows: Hello,For a few days now I've had a problem with my quick access that just suddenly vanished. I have been using it pretty extensively as it made navigating my folders so much easier. I have tried to find a solution on the internet but most only deal with pinning and unpinning...
  5. items accidentally removed under quick access sidebar

items accidentally removed under quick access sidebar: So i accidentally had some items removed from the side bar under quick access in file explorer. Problem is once you remove it you cant really get it to show back up so im in a bit of a bind. I also DONT WANT TO USE PIN to make them show all the time with a pin icon, just want...
  6. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  7. How to reset Quick Access sidebar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset Quick Access sidebar icons?: By default Windows 10 Quick Access icons are displayed with no folder icon, like so: https://imgur.com/a/XGn65t0 However, mine display like this with the folder icon included which reduces ease in quickly identifying the folders: https://imgur.com/a/oaHNqhg Is there any...
  8. Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree: Need to get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folder-has-disappeared-from-sidebar/1362ebd2-d524-4a21-a892-8c36f9540511
  9. Moving items in the Quick Access sidebar in Explorer causes considerable lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving items in the Quick Access sidebar in Explorer causes considerable lag: I'm using 1904 (18362.295) and when I move items in the Explorer sidebar the window becomes unresponsive for about 5 seconds. I've already tried clearing the quick access cache and reset it to default settings, but none of this helped....
  10. Quick Access Sidebar Limit

Quick Access Sidebar Limit: I was wondering if it is possible to limit the number of folders that show up under "Quick Access" in the Explorer sidebar? Most of the time I don't need access to frequent folders, so it would be nice to limit this to my "favorites". Currently, I have "Show frequently used...