Windows 10: Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut

Discus and support Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I started to use Quick Acess and everything seemed ok. But the thing is that, the 'Desktop' shortcut isn't showing my own desktop. It's only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HiagoP, Apr 14, 2019.

1. HiagoP Win User

Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut

So, I started to use Quick Acess and everything seemed ok. But the thing is that, the 'Desktop' shortcut isn't showing my own desktop. It's only showing my program/games icons. Can you guys help me?

Right now, it looks like this:

Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut ef245110-707b-4792-a5c0-35ea02ead73b?upload=true.png

But it should look like this:

Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut cbb4fdf6-6cde-4f33-84f2-63b9e571991f?upload=true.png

I don't know if that's the way it is, or if I do have a problem. Windows is installed in the C: (SSD), but my libraries (Downloads, Videos, Images) are all in the E: (1TB HDD). Can this cause any problem?

:)

HiagoP, Apr 14, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut

1. Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut - Similar Threads - Quick Acess's Desktop

2. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  3. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  4. FOLDERS ABV 50 IN QUICK ACESS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FOLDERS ABV 50 IN QUICK ACESS: GM MADAM/SIR, IS IT POSSIBLE TO INCRESE FOLDERS TO ABOVE 50 IN QUCICK ACESS MENU. REGDS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-abv-50-in-quick-acess/10dd0abb-4f44-482c-b191-9e3133535f73
  5. FOLDERS ABV 50 IN QUICK ACESS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDERS ABV 50 IN QUICK ACESS: GM MADAM/SIR, IS IT POSSIBLE TO INCRESE FOLDERS TO ABOVE 50 IN QUCICK ACESS MENU. REGDS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-abv-50-in-quick-acess/10dd0abb-4f44-482c-b191-9e3133535f73
  6. Quick Acess itens are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Acess itens are gone: Hi there. Whenever I open the Explorer folder or any folder for that matter on my laptop, there is a Quick Access shortcut with my quick access folders pinned on top. On my PC the Quick Access forders are not there. How to recover this option?...
  7. Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut: ...it pins the folder itself. So instead of seeing the shortcut name, you see the folder name in the Quick access list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-right-click-pin-to-quick-acess-doesnt-pin/320c68f4-f0a1-4344-8a98-f1cb1deb634c"
  8. Quick acess Desktop shortcut problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick acess Desktop shortcut problem: So, I started to use Quick Acess and everything seemed ok. But the thing is that, the 'Desktop' shortcut isn't showing my own desktop. It's only showing my program/games icons. Can you guys help me? Right now, it looks like this: [img] But it should look like this: [img]...
  9. Quick Acess not working (tried everything)

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Acess not working (tried everything): I'm having some issues with Quick Acess. It's still not working, I can't pin things to it at all and it's just empty. I've tried deleting the files that are in the APPDATA both manually and with CMD. If I have to reinstall Win 10 again I am just going back to 7. 47075
  10. Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop: I disabled Quick Access via WinAero and now there's a stupid "shortcut" to it I can't delete on my desktop. How do I get rid of it? 70120