Windows 10: Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903

Discus and support Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone I've got a weird problem in that my Quick Action buttons on the notification area have all suddenly become disabled and are greyed out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by James Pask, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903

Hi everyone

I've got a weird problem in that my Quick Action buttons on the notification area have all suddenly become disabled and are greyed out.

Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903 94b7dbe3-e6ff-4e52-9aec-1a5863ba94ef?upload=true.jpg

I first noticed this yesterday following a restart of my tablet. I had been uninstalling various graphic design apps and attempting to install Adobe Creative Cloud and had also done a disk cleanup to ensure that I'd got sufficient disk space.

When I restarted my PC I found that all of these options were greyed out and couldn't be changed.

I've done some googling (sorry!) but no-one seems to have the same issues. There are various posts about enabling and disabling the notifications completely but this doesn't seem to be my issue as I've not changed these settings and have checked to see that they are still the same as they were (nothing has changed).

I've tried logging in as an administrator (even though I have admin rights on my own profile) but the icons don't appear at all for that account.

Has anyone come across this issue and if so, how did you fix it?

Hope someone can help. Here's my build info:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1903

OS build: 18362.295

:)

James Pask, Aug 14, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Quick Actions (tiles) slow after Creators Update

Hi,

This problem may occur if there are corrupted system files on your computer or a third-party antivirus software that prevents these options. For us to better assist you, we would like to verify if you're pertaining about the Action Center options? Check
    the image below.

Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903 f071e295-5e9c-46e0-98c7-b79822faf013.png

If yes, we suggest that you remove the quick actions on the notification settings and add the actions again. Follow these steps on how to add or remove quick actions from the notification settings:

• On Cortana search, type notifications & actions settings.
    • Choose Notifications & actions settings from the list.
    • Click on Add or remove quick actions.
    • Just toggle the On/Off button on all quick actions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Aug 14, 2019
  4. otium Win User

Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903

Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to turn on/off certain Quick Actions icons in the Action Center via the registry, instead of doing it manually as described above.

Before asking here I've wandered through some posts and searched the internet. I've noticed these keys:

1/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\

Here's a list of names of all the Quick Actions.

2/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\UnpinnedByDefault

Here's a list of names of Quick Actions that should be Unpinned by default. If I add some here (based on the names in the list described above) and reboot it doesn't seem to work.

3/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\ActionCenter\Quick Actions

The value PinnedQuickActionSlotCount here is set at 4, which is the amount of Quick Actions seen by default without expanding the view in the Action Center. I don't need to change this one so I haven't tried it.

4/

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned

There seems to be a numbered list here of Pinned Quick Actions. The names are the same as in the list I mentioned in (1/). However if I remove some values here it also doesn't have effect (even after a reboot).

----

Conclusion: I haven't found a thing that actually worked. Did anyone figure this out already?

Thanks,

otium, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903

1. Quick Action buttons completely disabled on Windows 1903 - Similar Threads - Quick Action buttons

2. Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working: Got a new Windows 10 PC on Monday and of course many updates needed downloading....including Windows 10, version 2004 on Friday of last week. However since then Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working. I have tried numerous methods shown to...
  3. Connect button in Quick Actions not working

Connect button in Quick Actions not working: Hello, Connect button in quick actions menu is not working, just not opening. I still able to connect devices from settings but this menu and several others just stop working. [IMG]...
  4. Quick Actions not working.

Quick Actions not working.: when i click on icons given in Quick actions, they just don't give any response or start any action like Tablet mode, Brightness,focus assist, battery saver, etc. Sometimes it works finely but on 1 out of 50 times i work on PC. Please help!...
  5. Windows 1909 - Disabled Quick actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1909 - Disabled Quick actions: Hi All, I am so confused I have tried everything I could, I am having an issue with my Quick actions being disabled (using an image online to show you what I currently have) [img] and not able to click on them. also my notification center seems to open quickly and close...
  6. Brightness slider replacing brightness quick action button from 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness slider replacing brightness quick action button from 1903: Hi all Does anyone else feel like they've lost some functionality here? For clarity, I'm talking about option 3 in this very useful guide. I understand that the new slider gives more control, but the previous method was very quick to change in increments of 25%, and I tend...
  7. I failed to disable Quick Start completely

I failed to disable Quick Start completely: When I press Shut down, my PC doesn’t shut down completely due to the Quick Start feature. I tried to disable this feature in the power options but Windows is still uses it. Can I stop this feature completely and permanently?...
  8. Windows update more actions buttons are disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update more actions buttons are disabled: Hello, I am trying to disable the windows update from services but the start, stop, pause & resume buttons are grayed out (disabled). not able to stop windows services. how can i solve this issue?[ATTACH]...
  9. Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled: Hello, since a couple of days i'm struggling with the following issue - all of my quick actions in the actions center are disabled. I cannot click on them. Also actions center doesn't react to what I have checked in 'Actions and Notifications' settings. The list is constant,...
  10. Action Center > "Quick Buttons" show incorrect toggle state

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center > "Quick Buttons" show incorrect toggle state: I have noticed some weird behavior with Action Center > Quick Buttons and researching about the topic lead to nothing , I often find the toggle state of these buttons incorrect (not in sync with actual status) , like for instance quick buttons show Bluetooth to be on while...