Windows 10: Quick Action icons arranged in 3 columns instead of 4.

Discus and support Quick Action icons arranged in 3 columns instead of 4. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason my Quick Actions in the notification area have arranged themselves into 3 columns instead of all 4. Has anyone else experienced this in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FeelTheGroove, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Quick Action icons arranged in 3 columns instead of 4.

For some reason my Quick Actions in the notification area have arranged themselves into 3 columns instead of all 4. Has anyone else experienced this in Windows 10? I have not been able to find anything for this in Settings, besides selecting which buttons to enable/disable.

Quick Action icons arranged in 3 columns instead of 4. [​IMG]

:)

FeelTheGroove, Nov 12, 2018

2. Quick actions apps missing

Hi! I've recently updated my windows to fall creators update and everything works just fine except for one problem. The icons in the quick actions are not arranged properly. The number of columns are only 3 instead of 4. Is there any way to fix it? Please
    let me know. Thanks
    Quick Action icons arranged in 3 columns instead of 4. 91f8c76c-6d31-49ad-9746-f29d9643a685.png

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Mahith Geallapally, Nov 12, 2018
  3. otium Win User
    Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to turn on/off certain Quick Actions icons in the Action Center via the registry, instead of doing it manually as described above.

Before asking here I've wandered through some posts and searched the internet. I've noticed these keys:

1/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\

Here's a list of names of all the Quick Actions.

2/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\UnpinnedByDefault

Here's a list of names of Quick Actions that should be Unpinned by default. If I add some here (based on the names in the list described above) and reboot it doesn't seem to work.

3/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\ActionCenter\Quick Actions

The value PinnedQuickActionSlotCount here is set at 4, which is the amount of Quick Actions seen by default without expanding the view in the Action Center. I don't need to change this one so I haven't tried it.

4/

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned

There seems to be a numbered list here of Pinned Quick Actions. The names are the same as in the list I mentioned in (1/). However if I remove some values here it also doesn't have effect (even after a reboot).

----

Conclusion: I haven't found a thing that actually worked. Did anyone figure this out already?

Thanks,

otium, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Quick Action icons arranged in 3 columns instead of 4.

Adjust the Number of Columns in the Start Menu beyond 4

Thank you for your reply Sangeeta.

I tried your steps and was not able to get it to work.

When you are in full screen in three column mode I was not able to add or move an icon to a fourth column.

When I turned on the more columns mode (4 columns) in full screen I was able to add or move an icon to a fourth column on both of the 4 column panels, however, when I de-selected the full screen mode to show the left hand column (recent items, settings,
    all apps, etc.) the start menu reverted to one 4 column panel organized vertically instead of a horizontal arrangement of two four column panels which is what I was hoping to achieve. There is ample screen space to have two 4 column panels in the default
    start screen mode (i.e. not full screen mode).

I also went through several shutdowns and reboots to see if that would make a difference in trying to add more columns to the default start screen. Shutting down and restarting did not help.

In sum, I am trying to utilize the horizontal space when not in full screen mode so I don't have to scroll down to see all the apps or icons. By adding more available columns I can add more Apps and still see them on the screen without having to scroll.
    To me, having to scroll to see all the Apps defeats the functionality of the start screen in default mode or full screen. In prior versions of Windows you could add many, many icons without having to scroll.

Finally, when I turned off the more columns selection to go back to three column mode I was left with one long vertical column instead of the two 3 column panels which I had before I started this exercise. After rebooting I was able to get back to the two
    3 column panels which I had originally.

So a lot of effort and time was expended to get back to where I started.

In the future, I would ask that you (or anyone else) do all the steps on your own Surface Book or Tablet to insure that they resolve the issue before suggesting that someone try some steps that maybe will solve the issue or maybe not.

Thank you,

Jim

JP Surface Book, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Quick Action icons arranged in 3 columns instead of 4.

1. Quick Action icons arranged in 3 columns instead of 4. - Similar Threads - Quick Action icons

2. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  3. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  4. Unable to use battery saver quick action icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to use battery saver quick action icon: For some reason I have recently been unable to turn on my battery saver from the on screen quick action icon. I have to go through settings in order to turn it on or off. I have experienced this problem since the newest update of windows10....
  5. Quick Actions on Action Center are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Actions on Action Center are not working: I used to open the Action Center to control some features like: turning on Bluetooth or Night Mode, but suddenly it stopped working and all features are greyed out. On Settings menu, I can't select which Quick Actions I want because "Edit Quick Actions" doesn't open anything...
  6. Quick Actions not working.

Quick Actions not working.: when i click on icons given in Quick actions, they just don't give any response or start any action like Tablet mode, Brightness,focus assist, battery saver, etc. Sometimes it works finely but on 1 out of 50 times i work on PC. Please help!...
  7. Quick Action icons missing - Windows 10 1909

Quick Action icons missing - Windows 10 1909: Hi I read many articles on https://answers.microsoft.com/ I tried everything from there: https://windowsreport.com/action-center-wont-open-windows-10/ Nothing doesn't work Please help Thank you! [ATTACH]...
  8. Quick action in action center is unavailable

Quick action in action center is unavailable: Quick action in action center in my windows 10 is unavailable. How can I resolve thi issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-action-in-action-center-is-unavailable/a2f3af87-4233-40a0-849a-cade3adcdcaf
  9. Quick Action Notification's

Quick Action Notification's: Hi, Of course I realize it's still early on in the process of development of windows 10..currently I'm using build #9926..like I guess most of us are (I can hardly wait for the next build). I'm trying to determine if there's a way to disable the 'VPN' button..it seems to...
  10. Desktop Icon Columns

Desktop Icon Columns: I have lots of shortcut icons on my desktop for files and programs. That means 2 or 3 columns of small icons. It would appear the Win 10 will only allow 1 column. I've messed with the icon spacing and vertical spacing (regedit) and the vertical spacing works but horizontal...