Windows 10: Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working

Discus and support Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Got a new Windows 10 PC on Monday and of course many updates needed downloading....including Windows 10, version 2004 on Friday of last week. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IanJewison, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working

Got a new Windows 10 PC on Monday and of course many updates needed downloading....including Windows 10, version 2004 on Friday of last week.

However since then Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working.

I have tried numerous methods shown to recover these problems but they do not seem to work.

The START button occasionally works but not the same time as the quick actions in notification area. But if the latter does show they are GREYED out.

Suggestions? Checking updates it only goes back to version 2004...nothing before this new version.

Some APPS do not work such as GROVE and right click on files can also take a long time....

:)

IanJewison, Oct 6, 2020

2. Quick Actions (tiles) slow after Creators Update

Hi,

This problem may occur if there are corrupted system files on your computer or a third-party antivirus software that prevents these options. For us to better assist you, we would like to verify if you're pertaining about the Action Center options? Check
    the image below.

Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working f071e295-5e9c-46e0-98c7-b79822faf013.png

If yes, we suggest that you remove the quick actions on the notification settings and add the actions again. Follow these steps on how to add or remove quick actions from the notification settings:

• On Cortana search, type notifications & actions settings.
    • Choose Notifications & actions settings from the list.
    • Click on Add or remove quick actions.
    • Just toggle the On/Off button on all quick actions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Start menu and notification area stopped working on Windows 10.

Hello,

I am using Windows 10. My Start menu and notification area on the taskbar are not working while the Task view and Quick Launch bar are working just fine. I clicked on windows icon and notification area icons like sound, wifi etc but nothing happens. Pressing
    start button from the keyboard also didn't help to open the start menu. I have tried the DISM scan as suggested by one post but the problem persists.

Thanks.

Ashar NawazKhan, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working

Quick Action and notifications not working.

The button shows in the tack bar. It even shows I have notifications at times. When I click it it clears showing that I have notifications but it does not bring up the Quick Action panel or show the notifications. I might add that Alt-A short cut gets
    same results.

Lew Wetzel, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working

1. Quick Action missing in notification area and Start Button not working - Similar Threads - Quick Action missing

2. How to restore missing Quick Action panel both in notification area and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore missing Quick Action panel both in notification area and...: Hi everyone, I'm a Windows 10 user and I recently installed a fresh copy of the operating system on my laptop. Everything seemed to work fine until I noticed that the quick action panel was missing from both the notification window and the settings>system>notifications &...
  3. How to restore missing Quick Action panel both in notification area and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore missing Quick Action panel both in notification area and...: Hi everyone, I'm a Windows 10 user and I recently installed a fresh copy of the operating system on my laptop. Everything seemed to work fine until I noticed that the quick action panel was missing from both the notification window and the settings>system>notifications &...
  4. How to restore missing Quick Action panel both in notification area and...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. start actions button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start actions button doesn't work: hi ,Today I downloaded a virus.windows defender updated me that.I want to press the start actions button but it doesn't workNEED HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-actions-button-doesnt-work/9b98358e-4b44-46b6-b1ab-94ae77979620
  6. Start Action Button is not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Action Button is not Working: Start Action Button is not Working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/start-action-button-is-not-working/878df6cf-5e4f-4f52-bf4a-dd610736037a
  7. Action Centre working but Quick Actions shortcuts are missing

Action Centre working but Quick Actions shortcuts are missing: Surface Book running Windows 10. Action Centre working fine but I can see the quick actions shortcuts that were normally visible. Going to System Settings and trying to edit the quick Action settings just opens the Action Centre and is of no help. [ATTACH]...
  8. Notification Area Icons Missing

Notification Area Icons Missing: Most of the previous icons I had in my Notification Area are gone. I've tried resetting them in TaskBar Settings with no luck. Have also tried resetting Windows Explorer. Nothing works! Help!...
  9. Connect button in Quick Actions not working

Connect button in Quick Actions not working: Hello, Connect button in quick actions menu is not working, just not opening. I still able to connect devices from settings but this menu and several others just stop working. [IMG]...
  10. Quick Action Notification's

Quick Action Notification's: Hi, Of course I realize it's still early on in the process of development of windows 10..currently I'm using build #9926..like I guess most of us are (I can hardly wait for the next build). I'm trying to determine if there's a way to disable the 'VPN' button..it seems to...