Windows 10: Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

Discus and support Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, since a couple of days i'm struggling with the following issue - all of my quick actions in the actions center are disabled. I cannot click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coun, Mar 7, 2017.

1. coun Win User

Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

Hello,
    since a couple of days i'm struggling with the following issue - all of my quick actions in the actions center are disabled. I cannot click on them. Also actions center doesn't react to what I have checked in 'Actions and Notifications' settings. The list is constant, no matter what i check or uncheck in the settings.

Also clicking on the WIFI icon in the task bar does nothing. Wifi menu on Desktop doesn't show up preventing me from switching networks (it works on locked screen though).

I've tried 'sfc /scannow' but it didn't find any problems.

Being so frustrated I almost ended up reinstalling my system, but I figured out that it might be sensible to leave the trace of this issue (couldn't find anything on the web).

Thanks in advance

:)

coun, Mar 7, 2017
  2. coun88 Win User

Hello,

since a couple of days i'm struggling with the following issue - all of my quick actions in the actions center are disabled. I cannot click on them. Also actions center doesn't react to what I have checked
    in 'Actions and Notifications' settings. The list is constant, no matter what i check or uncheck in the settings.

Also clicking on the WIFI icon in the task bar does nothing. Wifi menu on Desktop doesn't show up preventing me from switching networks (it works on locked screen though).

I've tried 'sfc /scannow' but it didn't find any problems.

Being so frustrated I almost ended up reinstalling my system, but I figured out that it might be sensible to leave the trace of this issue (couldn't find anything on the web).

Thanks in advance

Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled [​IMG]

coun88, Mar 7, 2017
  3. Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled

Hi,

To better assist you with the issue you're experiencing, please verify the following:

• How long have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Do you remember making any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error codes?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Mar 7, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I found this..although the symptoms aren't the same, it might help- certainly relevant.
    [FIX] Action Center Not Working In Windows 10

Also check that the Action Centre has not been disabled (don't know how it would be affected by doing so).
    Action Center - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
    There are several links towards the end of that that may also be useful.

Further:
    - an in-place upgrade repair install keeps all programs, data and most settings.
    Would be preferable to a reinstall. It effectively gives you a new copy of Windows 10.

We strongly recommend the routine use of disk imaging which enables you to quickly restore your PC, disk or partition to a previous woring state without technical help. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + external disk for image storage + its boot disk.

dalchina, Mar 8, 2017
  5. coun Win User
    Hi,
    thanks for your proposal. I've tried both solutions in your link but none of them worked. Another hint I can provide is that after creating a new act it's quick action list in action center is empty even though in settings most of them are turned on.

Regards

coun, Mar 9, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Do you have a restore point or a system or disk image you can restore?

Otherwise I'd suggest an in-place upgrade repair install.
    Precede it with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed, and x64 if you have a 64 bits OS, else x86 (32 bits).

Recommendation:
    Before you perform the following major repair procedure, do create a disk image (see below).

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Installation & Upgrade Tutorials
    - this includes a link from which you can obtain a Windows 10 iso file (" download a Windows 10 ISO"), or create a Win 10 bootable medium.

I would recommend creating the bootable medium, as this can be used
    - for any future in-place upgrade repair install
    - to boot from and use its recovery options should Windows become unbootable.
    - to clean install Windows

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - However: if you have installed some on a 2nd drive, these must be uninstalled or reinstalled on C: - else you will get an error message that you can not keep my apps because they arein an unsupported directory.
    - no personal data should be affected
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    - if Qttabbar is installed, you need to re-enable it in explorer (Options, check Qttabbar)
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect (free/commercial) + boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick Actions in Actions Center are always disabled - Similar Threads - Quick Actions Actions

2. Quick Actions on Action Center are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Actions on Action Center are not working: I used to open the Action Center to control some features like: turning on Bluetooth or Night Mode, but suddenly it stopped working and all features are greyed out. On Settings menu, I can't select which Quick Actions I want because "Edit Quick Actions" doesn't open anything...
  3. Disable Action Center

Disable Action Center: I am running windows 10 with a Planar touchscreen and can not get the action center completely disabled. There are two computers, each running the same programs and hardware setup. I was able to disable action center on one of the two computers, by disabling it in the...
  4. Quick action in action center is unavailable

Quick action in action center is unavailable: Quick action in action center in my windows 10 is unavailable. How can I resolve thi issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-action-in-action-center-is-unavailable/a2f3af87-4233-40a0-849a-cade3adcdcaf
  5. Quick actions missing from action center

Quick actions missing from action center: Quick actions suddenly disappeared from action center. I tried resetting windows as last resort after trying sfc, chkdsk and DISM. But still there are no quick actions in the Action Center. Action center opens normally and all notifications are displayed after windows reset...
  6. Adding "Project" (to a second screen) to Action Center Quick Actions

Adding "Project" (to a second screen) to Action Center Quick Actions: Greetings All, I have two questions and hope experts on the Forum are able to help resolving them. 1) Is there a way to add "Project" (to a second screen) to the Action Center Quick Actions at the bottom of the notification panel. Accidentally, I had deleted this and...
  7. Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile: How to: Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Windows 10 Mobile puts important notifications from your apps just a swipe away in action center, along with...
  8. Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10 The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system...
  9. Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10: How to: Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 The Action Center has personalized quick actions at the bottom to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings,...
  10. Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Action Center Quick Actions to Default in Windows 10 This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 build 18277. [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i delete qttabBar for w10 1809 update