Windows 10: Quick and easy way to configure several machines identically?

Discus and support Quick and easy way to configure several machines identically? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi All, I know that there are tools to deploy pre-configured Windows installations in large networks, so that every new machine comes with the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oslogrolls, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Quick and easy way to configure several machines identically?

Hi All, I know that there are tools to deploy pre-configured Windows installations in large networks, so that every new machine comes with the same features and settings. We would like to use something similar (at tiny scale) but with machines which have Win10 Home pre-installed. Machines are brand-new and empty. They are not used in a network, every machine operates on its own.

Is there a simple way to install and configure a bunch of programs and to auto-repeat the procedures on two other machines? As the overall task is small (and won't get repeated regularly), purchasing expensive software or configuring a complex app made no sense. I thought of recording the steps as a Macro of sorts and simply replaying all steps on the next machine. Does anybody know a tool which lets us do this – or should we rather install manually, three times in a row?

submitted by /u/oslogrolls
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oslogrolls, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Hrish Win User

Best way to make a bootable WIndows 10 image on USB with all existing softwares, drivers & configurations to deploy on identical hardwares?

Best way to make a bootable Windows 10 image on USB with all existing software, drivers & configurations to deploy on exactly identical hardware?

There is no difference in the hardware we want to deploy that image on.

Planning to deploy this image on over 4000 desktops of same hardware configuration and make and model.

Is there a freeware/opensource/free software that we can use for this purpose commercially?

can you suggest a solution and KB article where it's step by step explained how to achieve it or do it?

Hrish, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Apr 7, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Quick and easy way to configure several machines identically?

Firefox -- is there an easy way to access Favourites

Hi there

On the Tor Browser ( a variant of firefox it's really easy to access BOOKMARKS (favourites)

Quick and easy way to configure several machines identically? [​IMG]

On Firefox it's another step to get the bookmarks or is there something in configuration that I can use -- the bookmarks icon doesn't appear in the standard Firefox release (Windows).

Cheers

jimbo

_

jimbo45, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Quick and easy way to configure several machines identically?

1. Quick and easy way to configure several machines identically? - Similar Threads - Quick easy configure

2. If I have several drives, is there any easy way to check what programmes are using which...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I have several drives, is there any easy way to check what programmes are using which...: title submitted by /u/Libir-Akha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/11iwob0/if_i_have_several_drives_is_there_any_easy_way_to/
  3. easy way pin windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    easy way pin windows?: pin windows show on all desktops pin windows should show on top of desktop, but below other windows by default 156295
  4. Is there an easy way to share files??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easy way to share files??: Hello, I have 2 Win 10 Home machines sitting next to each other on a desk, both connected to the same wifi network. Is there an easy way to transfer files from one machine to the other?? I've been using a flash drive because I have googled my brains out and cannot figure...
  5. HYPER-V VM convert to Physical machine - any easy way for V2P

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V VM convert to Physical machine - any easy way for V2P: Hi folks especially @Kari One thing with Virtual Machines created by VMware is that it's usually easy to create a physical machine environment from the guest W10 machine by using the various tools out there (V2P conversion). Even taking an image with Macrium and...
  6. Sysrep - cloning to identical 50 machines

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysrep - cloning to identical 50 machines: I have read your , very well done, "Windows 10: Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep" tutorial . I have just a couple of questions: 1) Is there a way to deploy the image cleaned by sysrep to 50 identical machines avoiding the first starting initialisation...
  7. Easy way to install on a REAL machine from a VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Easy way to install on a REAL machine from a VM: Hi there Having got a VM working just the way I want it I wanted to install this on a laptop as a PHYSICAL machine. (VMWARE Easy way : 1) From WITHIN the VM -- uninstall VMWARE tools or VBOX additions etc. 2) Run acronis or other imaging software to create an image of...
  8. Home folder shared only 1-way between identically configured machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home folder shared only 1-way between identically configured machines: I have two machines running Windows 10 – ermintrude and dougal – and I want my home folder on each to be shared with the other on my home network. dougal can see my home folder on ermintrude, but not the other way round. I have been through all the advanced sharing settings...
  9. An easy way to configure Windows 10 Pro to revert back to Wi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An easy way to configure Windows 10 Pro to revert back to Wi: I have installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade on my Surface Pro Tablet. It did not support my wireless card I guess because it does not work. I have tried to installing a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 Pro but Windows 10 will not let me. I have tried a bootable and non-bootable drives...
  10. Quick Easy Programming In Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Easy Programming In Win10?: I used to sit down and fire up Basic - command line stuff of course - and put in a few commands and get done whatever I wanted to have done. Read text files, input them to arrays, play with them. output what I wanted. Write it to a file. No compiling. No messing with...