Windows 10: Quick Assist - An Error Has Occurred

Discus and support Quick Assist - An Error Has Occurred in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On our network I have found 3 PC's that get this error after typing in the code that I give them: "We've run into a problem. An error has caused screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bshort1023, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Quick Assist - An Error Has Occurred

On our network I have found 3 PC's that get this error after typing in the code that I give them:
    "We've run into a problem. An error has caused screen sharing to end or we cannot establish a connection. Please close Quick Assist and try again later".

Happened in 1909. Upgraded to 2004 and still the same problem.
    There are a few older threads related to this issue in this forum. I have tried every suggestion with no success.
    I have tried turning off the firewall and virus protection.
    I have tried Run as Administrator.
    I uninstalled Quick Assist and re-installed.
    I logged into the PC as an Administrator.
    Nothing in Windows event logs.

The majority of PC's on our network have no problem running Quick Assist.

:)

bshort1023, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Quick Assist "An error has occurred"

Hello Everybody,

I am giving support to a number of people that are working from home with the company laptop, but who do not have admin rights on their machines.

When I start a Quick Assist session, the application gives an error message when I try to take full control of the user machine.

The message says:

"An error has occurred

We've run into a problem. An error has caused screen sharing to end or we cannot establish a connection. Please close Quick Assist and try again later."

Needless to say, I have tried again later, but the message kept coming up.

Thank you in advance.

msartoris24, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Quick Assist - An Error Has Occurred

Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Quick Assist - An Error Has Occurred

1. Quick Assist - An Error Has Occurred - Similar Threads - Quick Assist Error

2. QUICK ASSIST has stopped work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    QUICK ASSIST has stopped work: I use Quick Assist regularly, but it appears to have stopped working. Possibly since I changed my domain password.I have Windows 10. Step 1 - I open Quick Assist and I click on "Help Someone"Step 2 - I sign in with the password I always use and click on "Next"Step 3 - Sticks...
  3. QUICK ASSIST has stopped work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    QUICK ASSIST has stopped work: I use Quick Assist regularly, but it appears to have stopped working. Possibly since I changed my domain password.I have Windows 10. Step 1 - I open Quick Assist and I click on "Help Someone"Step 2 - I sign in with the password I always use and click on "Next"Step 3 - Sticks...
  4. QUICK ASSIST has stopped work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RemoteApp- An error has occurred. Contact your workplace administrator for assistance

RemoteApp- An error has occurred. Contact your workplace administrator for assistance: Hello Since I upgrade my computer to Windows 10 version 21H2, I am unable to access to my RemoteApp Work Resources by going to Control Panel -> Acces to RemoteApp Programs and RemoteDesktop Services.It tells me "An error has occurred. Contact your workplace administrator for...
  6. Quick Assist in windows 11 has a code error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist in windows 11 has a code error: HiOn windows 11 I have installed quick assist and when I go to give someone a code on the app it keep flashing every second and not staying on for about 60 secs as it should.Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and done windows update to clear but it still does the same thing.Any...
  7. Quick Assist in windows 11 has a code error

Quick Assist in windows 11 has a code error: HiOn windows 11 I have installed quick assist and when I go to give someone a code on the app it keep flashing every second and not staying on for about 60 secs as it should.Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and done windows update to clear but it still does the same thing.Any...
  8. Quick Assist has STOPPED working!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist has STOPPED working!: Simply put here it is... Quick Assist starts loading and then sits there with an "In-Progress" circle going around and around!!!! Please do not give the same advice about creating a new User or even worse... RESETTING Windows 10 !!!I can no longer use Quick Assist and yes, I...
  9. Quick Assist "An error has occurred"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Assist "An error has occurred": Hello Everybody, I am giving support to a number of people that are working from home with the company laptop, but who do not have admin rights on their machines. When I start a Quick Assist session, the application gives an error message when I try to take full control of...
  10. Quick Assist Error Message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist Error Message: I am running Windows 10 Home and current on all updates. I am using a TP-Link AC 1900 router over Time Warner Roadrunner Internet. All appears to be working well. When I run the Quick Assist program and select "Give Assistance" I get the message "Try again later. Something...