Windows 10: Quick Assist app broken!

Discus and support Quick Assist app broken! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after Microsoft forced the replacement quick assist app on everyone, i guess without testing it, it does not work!if you have setup your domain so you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nick hay, Jun 10, 2022.

1. nick hay Win User

Quick Assist app broken!

after Microsoft forced the replacement quick assist app on everyone, i guess without testing it, it does not work!if you have setup your domain so you can enter admin credentials meaning secure desktop is off and you try to install some software the old quick assist after you entered the admin account details it would crash out on helpers end.. 99% of the time you could click the reconnect and continue your going to have major problemsThee new quick assist just crashes out and you cannot reconnect, you get the black screen saying 'perhaps the person you are helping has closed quick assist'

:)

nick hay, Jun 10, 2022

2. Win-10 Pro Quick Assist app shortcut

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Turns out that Quick Assist is already a shortcut in the Open Shell menu, but I was looking in the Apps menu as I knew that Quick Assist was a Win-10 pre-installed app and thus only looked in the Apps menu. Problem solved. Thanks.

wintenprouser, Jun 10, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Quick Assist not working

Good diagnostic step.

You've tried disabling 3rd party program startups, but there could be more things starting beyond those listed in the task manager startup list, if that's what you used.

Ideally you would have hands on access to both PCs... but that's not so. All credit to them for creating a new user account etc.

If you wished to disable more startups on the problem account you could use Autoruns (free from MS). But that seems asking a bit much of someone else remotely.

Of course, the problem could have nothing whatsoever to do with startups... you might want to check all services are default, for example, in particular those necessary for this.

Presumably it's not been blocked by the firewall:
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10
    - some unfinished discussion as to whether both accounts had to be MS accounts or not.

I found this:
    Windows 10 Quick Assist: Helpful Remote Assistance App or Potential Vulnerability? — Steeves and Associates

https://4sysops.com/archives/remote-control-windows-10-with-quick-assist/

This gives useful detail on how it works. For example, it uses port 443, so you need to check that's not blocked.
    It also indicates how to block it- so you can check that doesn't apply.

dalchina, Jun 10, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Quick Assist app broken!

Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 10, 2022
Thema:

Quick Assist app broken!

1. Quick Assist app broken! - Similar Threads - Quick Assist app

2. Quick Assist app broken!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist app broken!: after Microsoft forced the replacement quick assist app on everyone, i guess without testing it, it does not work!if you have setup your domain so you can enter admin credentials meaning secure desktop is off and you try to install some software the old quick assist after you...
  3. Quick Assist app broken!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist app broken!: after Microsoft forced the replacement quick assist app on everyone, i guess without testing it, it does not work!if you have setup your domain so you can enter admin credentials meaning secure desktop is off and you try to install some software the old quick assist after you...
  4. Quick Assist

Quick Assist: Wondering why Quick Assist keeps wanting Microsoft Store connection. It's making end user support more difficult than it needs to be. Microsoft had a good thing going with QA. Why change it?...
  5. Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Assist: Hi, I sometimes use Quick Assist to give assistance to a friend. One problem, he tells me that he can't see my cursor moving over his screen. Is the some settings to make this happen?...
  6. Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist: Hello all. First time post. I am finding very difficult if not impossible to use Qick Assist to remote into any laptop. The remote desktop appears no larger than a deck of cards on my end. Your time and assistance will be greatly appreciated. Peter 183969
  7. quick assist

quick assist: When I give remote assistance to a friend 1000km away, he says he can't see my mouse cursor moving about his screen. Is he correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist/55326162-9964-4872-9493-4b1b3ad1fe00
  8. Quick Assist

Quick Assist: When my employer and I log into Quick Assist after he sends me the code and then we go to our remote session it cancels out our Quick Assist We have talked to our IT guy and he states this is a microsoft issue as I can do Quick Assist at any time while on my desktop but...
  9. quick assist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    quick assist: My computer cannot be accessed by quick assist but I can access other computers. What is blocking it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist/da0eb9a4-81c7-434e-b3ec-5908ad4deb53"
  10. Quick Assist

Quick Assist: Is it possible to login to Quick Assist using my institution's AD account? When I try to login straight from the app it does not recognize my login and asks me to create one....