Windows 10: Quick Assist Bug - Requiring Updated Browser - Windows 11

Discus and support Quick Assist Bug - Requiring Updated Browser - Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On Windows 11, Quick Assist is no longer working for me. After selecting Help Another Person and putting in my email address it says: "Upgrade Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CameronCarlson2, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Quick Assist Bug - Requiring Updated Browser - Windows 11

On Windows 11, Quick Assist is no longer working for me. After selecting Help Another Person and putting in my email address it says: "Upgrade Your Browser - It looks like your browser isn't up to date. To continue, upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Edge or your current browser." Please let me know if you know how to make quick assist work once again. Microsoft Edge and Windows is fully up to date.I am using Windows via Parallels on Mac, and worked just fine on Windows 10 before.

:)

CameronCarlson2, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Quick Assist not working

Quick Assist Bug - Requiring Updated Browser - Windows 11 [​IMG]

I suppose another possibility might be that some related service is not configured correctly...

E.g. Tweaking.com's repair tool includes a repair to set services to default.

I suggest you look at affected PCs and check installed programs to see if there are any that are common only to those and not others, especially 3rd party security programs with firewalls.

I saw a note somewhere that there's no relevant group policy.

Is this idea relevant?
    or this:
    - this helped some people
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-3a46fe1fd0a6

dalchina, Jan 14, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Quick Assist Bug - Requiring Updated Browser - Windows 11

Quick Assist not working

Good diagnostic step.

You've tried disabling 3rd party program startups, but there could be more things starting beyond those listed in the task manager startup list, if that's what you used.

Ideally you would have hands on access to both PCs... but that's not so. All credit to them for creating a new user account etc.

If you wished to disable more startups on the problem account you could use Autoruns (free from MS). But that seems asking a bit much of someone else remotely.

Of course, the problem could have nothing whatsoever to do with startups... you might want to check all services are default, for example, in particular those necessary for this.

Presumably it's not been blocked by the firewall:
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10
    - some unfinished discussion as to whether both accounts had to be MS accounts or not.

I found this:
    Windows 10 Quick Assist: Helpful Remote Assistance App or Potential Vulnerability? — Steeves and Associates

https://4sysops.com/archives/remote-control-windows-10-with-quick-assist/

This gives useful detail on how it works. For example, it uses port 443, so you need to check that's not blocked.
    It also indicates how to block it- so you can check that doesn't apply.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Quick Assist Bug - Requiring Updated Browser - Windows 11

1. Quick Assist Bug - Requiring Updated Browser - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Quick Assist Bug

2. Quick Assist update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist update: For some months QA has given the OPTION to update and worked fine if that choice was declined.Today, update was mandatory. And the reason it wasn't done earlier is because this Event Viewer message appears with every use, though QA works...0x800702E4: Cannot create the...
  3. Quick Assist update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist update: For some months QA has given the OPTION to update and worked fine if that choice was declined.Today, update was mandatory. And the reason it wasn't done earlier is because this Event Viewer message appears with every use, though QA works...0x800702E4: Cannot create the...
  4. Updated version of Quick Assist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Updated version of Quick Assist: It has come to my attention that the updated version of Microsoft Quick Assist is now part of the Microsoft Store apps.This is problematic for many IT organizations that do not utilize individual Store accounts and makes its impossible for us to update Quick Assist.We found...
  5. Quick Assist update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist update: Why does QA repeatedly request an update at start... after the update routine has been performed in the recent past? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-update/a5a55a7d-bc63-4686-9dfd-0542bb31ab94
  6. Quick Assist update

Quick Assist update: Why does QA repeatedly request an update at start... after the update routine has been performed in the recent past? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-update/a5a55a7d-bc63-4686-9dfd-0542bb31ab94
  7. Quick Assist on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist on Windows 11: in windows 10, it worked fine. since i upgraded this pc from 10 to 11, and i again need to help someone via Quick Assist, it won't let me log in with either of my "personal microsoft accounts" without being invited to an organization.this was not a requirement on 10. why is...
  8. Quick Assist on Windows 11

Quick Assist on Windows 11: in windows 10, it worked fine. since i upgraded this pc from 10 to 11, and i again need to help someone via Quick Assist, it won't let me log in with either of my "personal microsoft accounts" without being invited to an organization.this was not a requirement on 10. why is...
  9. Quick Assist Bug - Requiring Updated Browser - Windows 11

Quick Assist Bug - Requiring Updated Browser - Windows 11: On Windows 11, Quick Assist is no longer working for me. After selecting Help Another Person and putting in my email address it says: "Upgrade Your Browser - It looks like your browser isn't up to date. To continue, upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Edge or your...
  10. MS Quick Assist bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Quick Assist bug: Hi, I discovered a bug on my laptop and my colleagues laptops during usage of the MS Quick Assist tool. We have 3 languages installed for keyboard typing on our laptops English, Russian and Ukrainian. But, after finishing of the connection of MS Quick Assist, for some...