Windows 10: Quick Assist does allow me to enter admin password on users machine whic I am remotely...

Discus and support Quick Assist does allow me to enter admin password on users machine whic I am remotely... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have 4 Windows 11 Pro laptops in our small company, I am an admin user on all of them, and the users are setup as standard users. We want to control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shafiq Tajbhai, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Quick Assist does allow me to enter admin password on users machine whic I am remotely...

We have 4 Windows 11 Pro laptops in our small company, I am an admin user on all of them, and the users are setup as standard users. We want to control what software gets downloaded and from where so as we're not co-located all the time I will need to remotely access their laptops and enter an admin password to install software from the web. Unfortunately, when I attempt to do this I see a black screen with a symbol on top left and a spinning cursor. I appreciate this is default behaviour for security reasons but how can I change this so I can enter admin passwords. This is the only reason I w

:)

Shafiq Tajbhai, Dec 6, 2023
  2. desbest Win User

Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop and RemoteApp

Here's an answer I got from a Microsoft MVP (this is not microsoft staff but instead a microsoft certification program)

desbest, Dec 6, 2023
  3. _nj2la96_ Win User
    Quick assist and admin right for clients

I am hoping someone can provide some help here.

I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 5-15 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I am encountering a problem.

All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for example, if they try to install a program, I would need to remote into their PC and install the program as an Admin. The problem is if I do this remotely via Quick Assist, the screen goes black when it is prompting for the Admin login and password, so I can't see or enter the details required. I know how to fix this through gpedit but I can't access gpedit or other services from a standard user account. It is a security breach to share the admin password with the users so I am unsure how else I could do this.

Does anyone know how to access services like gpedit, device manager etc from a standard account? Is it possible to use cmd prompt, for example, and type open gpedit.msc using specified admin login details you type in? It would be so much nicer if I could switch user profiles while logged in through Quick Assist.

_nj2la96_, Dec 6, 2023
  4. larry.mcj Win User

Quick Assist does allow me to enter admin password on users machine whic I am remotely...

How to remote control with admin permission

I administer five Windows 11 machines used by folks with only standard user accounts (I have the admin account on all five computers). I'm looking for a way to be able to remotely authorize an app installation. When the admin password credentials box comes up on their end, there is no way for me to remotely add my admin password. I've tried Quick Assist plus five other paid solutions and none of them allow this. I can control every aspect of the user's computer...but I can't enter my admin credentials remotely to allow an app to be installed. Surely there's a way to do this...but Google Search can't find it. Thanks for any help.

larry.mcj, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Quick Assist does allow me to enter admin password on users machine whic I am remotely...

1. Quick Assist does allow me to enter admin password on users machine whic I am remotely... - Similar Threads - Quick Assist does

2. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin: This is the same issue as another user posted recently: "For whatever reason, trying to use stored password manager in Google Chrome malfunctions and won't allow me to enter my Windows PIN...It won't register the keypresses...This is not a problem with other apps, and there...
  3. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin: This is the same issue as another user posted recently: "For whatever reason, trying to use stored password manager in Google Chrome malfunctions and won't allow me to enter my Windows PIN...It won't register the keypresses...This is not a problem with other apps, and there...
  4. Chrome Password Manager does not allow me to enter a pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Quick Assist does allow me to enter admin password on users machine whic I am remotely...

Quick Assist does allow me to enter admin password on users machine whic I am remotely...: We have 4 Windows 11 Pro laptops in our small company, I am an admin user on all of them, and the users are setup as standard users. We want to control what software gets downloaded and from where so as we're not co-located all the time I will need to remotely access their...
  6. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.: Hello,Our team is having issues with using quick assist to help our WFH users. The admin will open quick assist obtain a code and the user will input it.Then when the user click share the field becomes grey and blocked out. We look forward to hearing form you,RegardsBlake H...
  7. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.: Hello,Our team is having issues with using quick assist to help our WFH users. The admin will open quick assist obtain a code and the user will input it.Then when the user click share the field becomes grey and blocked out. We look forward to hearing form you,RegardsBlake H...
  8. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Why can I not get Quick Assist to allow me to Give Assistance?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why can I not get Quick Assist to allow me to Give Assistance?: I have the option to push the assistance another person button and sign in but then it routes me to my organizations page and opens up a web browser window and only gives me the get assistance option to put a code in. I've updated my computer to see if that is the problem but...
  10. Enter an admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enter an admin user name and password: The screen already has an "outlook.com" email address for me, then I enter what I believe my password is. Then the screen posts in red print that "the password is incorrect." How can I fix this??...