Windows 10: Quick Assist encryption and security

Discus and support Quick Assist encryption and security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there any documentation on the details of Quick Assist security? What encryption does it use? Is the session encrypted point-to-point or is it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SnezaFx, Nov 8, 2020.

1. SnezaFx Win User

Quick Assist encryption and security

Is there any documentation on the details of Quick Assist security? What encryption does it use? Is the session encrypted point-to-point or is it decrypted on the servers? Does Microsoft store any of the data that passes through it's servers?

:)

SnezaFx, Nov 8, 2020

2. Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Nov 8, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Quick Assist not working

Quick Assist encryption and security [​IMG]

I suppose another possibility might be that some related service is not configured correctly...

E.g. Tweaking.com's repair tool includes a repair to set services to default.

I suggest you look at affected PCs and check installed programs to see if there are any that are common only to those and not others, especially 3rd party security programs with firewalls.

I saw a note somewhere that there's no relevant group policy.

Is this idea relevant?
    or this:
    - this helped some people
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-3a46fe1fd0a6

dalchina, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Quick Assist encryption and security - Similar Threads - Quick Assist encryption

2. quick assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick assist: I was helping a friend --- using quick assist --- his setup is with 2 monitors I just have a laptop with 1 -- so when I connect to his system I just display one of the monitors as it turns out quickassist posted on the other monitor that I did not have scope to if the session...
  3. quick assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick assist: I need Help, I need to install the new june 2022 version Of Windows Quick Assist. Im and IT admin at my corp. however there is no access to the microsoft store. It would take many requests to all the sys admins and even then I dont know if it will get approved to get access....
  4. quick assist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    quick assist: I need Help, I need to install the new june 2022 version Of Windows Quick Assist. Im and IT admin at my corp. however there is no access to the microsoft store. It would take many requests to all the sys admins and even then I dont know if it will get approved to get access....
  5. Quick Assist...

Quick Assist...: I am using: Windows 10 Pro in 2004 bld 19041 329, the version of Quick Assist cannot be found. How to proceed. Did I use all the standard search procedures? Milan Strojný https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist/a368f630-3d0b-4e43-b214-51c4a6c3256c
  6. Quick assist security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick assist security: Hello everyone, I would like to know the security features about Quick Assist. I work as IT Analyst in Remote operations, so for me is very important the security breach that can threat the clients computers. Because of this we need to analyze the features to know if...
  7. Quick Assist

Quick Assist: Good Day! Are you having an issue with Quick Assist today? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist/9a58d01d-f112-479b-8459-2fd7304167ac
  8. quick assist

quick assist: I like quick assist as a means of sharing desktops with a friend -- to view websites, documents, emails together. The issue is that the cursor tends to wander on its own. Is this normal? Are we doing something wrong? Is there a fix for this? Thanks, pd...
  9. quick assist

quick assist: I am attempting to use quick assist and have followed the instructions to get a six digit code, however, there is nowhere to see the six digit code offered. Is this something that is supposed to pop up on the screen? Is this something that I ma supposed to get via email? Is...
  10. Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Assist: Hello Everyone, I need to get Windows 10 Quick Assist setup for some users in our company, and it's not working. Here's some info: 1) I can login to it from MY PC using my office 365 e-mail account, and it works fine. 2) Using my login on someone else's PC, it won't...