Windows 10: Quick Assist keeps disconnecting

Discus and support Quick Assist keeps disconnecting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to help a co-worker remotely.We both are running Windows 10.We both start Quick Assist I select Help Someone - He selects Needs HelpI get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tpippitt, May 31, 2023.

1. tpippitt Win User

Quick Assist keeps disconnecting

I am trying to help a co-worker remotely.We both are running Windows 10.We both start Quick Assist I select Help Someone - He selects Needs HelpI get a code and give it to him.He enters the code.I am now connected to his Laptop, but the connection ends automatically after about 30 seconds.We have tried this several timesWe have both uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled Quick AssistWe still run into the same problem.The last time we did this, about 6 months ago, we had no issues.Has anyone had this issue and if so how did you resolve it?

:)

tpippitt, May 31, 2023

2. Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, May 31, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 31, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

Quick Assist not working

Quick Assist keeps disconnecting 281652d1591196059t-quick-assist-not-working-1.png

I suppose another possibility might be that some related service is not configured correctly...

E.g. Tweaking.com's repair tool includes a repair to set services to default.

I suggest you look at affected PCs and check installed programs to see if there are any that are common only to those and not others, especially 3rd party security programs with firewalls.

I saw a note somewhere that there's no relevant group policy.

Is this idea relevant?
    or this:
    - this helped some people
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-3a46fe1fd0a6

dalchina, May 31, 2023
Thema:

1. Quick Assist keeps disconnecting - Similar Threads - Quick Assist keeps

2. Quick Assist keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist keeps disconnecting.: I see this issue over and over on in community, but each time the chat is locked with no apparent fix. Every time connect to the user with Quick Assist, it disconnects within about 30 seconds. I have windows 11 as does the other users. I really need this for my joy and wish...
  3. Quick Assist keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist keeps disconnecting.: I see this issue over and over on in community, but each time the chat is locked with no apparent fix. Every time connect to the user with Quick Assist, it disconnects within about 30 seconds. I have windows 11 as does the other users. I really need this for my joy and wish...
  4. Quick Assist keeps disconnecting

Quick Assist keeps disconnecting: I am trying to help a co-worker remotely.We both are running Windows 10.We both start Quick Assist I select Help Someone - He selects Needs HelpI get a code and give it to him.He enters the code.I am now connected to his Laptop, but the connection ends automatically after...
  5. Quick Assist keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Assist keeps disconnecting: I am trying to help a co-worker remotely.We both are running Windows 10.We both start Quick Assist I select Help Someone - He selects Needs HelpI get a code and give it to him.He enters the code.I am now connected to his Laptop, but the connection ends automatically after...
  6. Quick Assist keep asking for update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist keep asking for update: Hello --- I been using quickassist on a regular basis ---- on a recent start of it, it said that there is a new version ---- so I installed the new version --- now when I start quickassit that "new version" screen keep showring up, but at the bottom of that screen is notes...
  7. Quick Assist keep asking for update

Quick Assist keep asking for update: Hello --- I been using quickassist on a regular basis ---- on a recent start of it, it said that there is a new version ---- so I installed the new version --- now when I start quickassit that "new version" screen keep showring up, but at the bottom of that screen is notes...
  8. Quick Assist keep asking for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Quick Assist Disconnect Right Away

Quick Assist Disconnect Right Away: When my employer and I log into Quick Assist after he sends me the code and then we go to our remote session it cancels out our Quick Assist We have talked to our IT guy and he states this is a microsoft issue as I can do Quick Assist at any time while on my desktop but...
  10. Quick Assist

Quick Assist: When my employer and I log into Quick Assist after he sends me the code and then we go to our remote session it cancels out our Quick Assist We have talked to our IT guy and he states this is a microsoft issue as I can do Quick Assist at any time while on my desktop but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com