Windows 10: Quick Assist / MSRA Easy Connect without Internet Internal LAN

Discus and support Quick Assist / MSRA Easy Connect without Internet Internal LAN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear All, I need guidance here as my organisation is running the LAN that is not connected to the Internet. To be able to support across different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yukijocelyn, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Quick Assist / MSRA Easy Connect without Internet Internal LAN

Dear All,

I need guidance here as my organisation is running the LAN that is not connected to the Internet.

To be able to support across different location, I will need to implement remote access to quickly understand their problem and resolve it.

Quick Assist

When I launched Quick Assist, it immediately throws me "Check your Internet connection".

It seems like it requires an Internet connection. Is there a way it can work without the need for Internet connection?

From the online article, the initiator requires a MS account. If my organisation network is not connected to the Internet, how can I work on this?

MSRA Easy Connect

I read that it requires a IPv6 setting but it seems like it requires a Teredo server kindly correct me if I am wrong.

https://messengergeek.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/enabling-easy-connect-remote-assistance-in-a-domain-environment/

MSRA connection via "Invite someone you trust to help you" > "Save this invitation as a file" or "Use email to send an invitation" does work but requires additional mouse clicks that some of my users experience difficulties in.

Thus, I find both Quick Assist the best option as the initiator is from the support team as compared to the user.

Thank you for all advices and help rendered in advance!!!

:)

yukijocelyn, Mar 24, 2020

2. Is it possible to run Quick Assist over a restricted LAN not connected to the internet?

Hello,

Is it possible to run Windows10 Quick Assist over a restricted LAN not connected to the internet?

Meaning the computers will not have any access to the internet, and we want to use Windows10 Quick Assist to provide support.

Is it possible to setup a Microsoft server on this internal network to allow Windows10 Quick Assist to work on this restricted LAN?

Thanks ahead of time,

Rob

BungsaiBailey, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Reset Quick Assist settings

Hi,

Thank you for the information. Stability of connection in Quick Assist depends on the internet connection. We suggest to make sure that you are connected to stable internet. To help you with this, please perform the following steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • On Settings, choose Apps & features.
    • On the left pane, choose Programs and Features.
    • Then, look for Quick Assist and click on it.
    • Choose Advanced options, then Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Lemuel Cie, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Quick Assist / MSRA Easy Connect without Internet Internal LAN

Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Quick Assist / MSRA Easy Connect without Internet Internal LAN

1. Quick Assist / MSRA Easy Connect without Internet Internal LAN - Similar Threads - Quick Assist MSRA

2. Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.: At home I setup a new windows 10 machine installed all OS updates and a new router. I got all the settings down to use Microsoft Remote Desktop from my Macbook and it worked like a charm. I took the setup to the installation site and of course Remote Desktop could no longer...
  3. Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.: At home I setup a new windows 10 machine installed all OS updates and a new router. I got all the settings down to use Microsoft Remote Desktop from my Macbook and it worked like a charm. I took the setup to the installation site and of course Remote Desktop could no longer...
  4. Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.: Hello,Our team is having issues with using quick assist to help our WFH users. The admin will open quick assist obtain a code and the user will input it.Then when the user click share the field becomes grey and blocked out. We look forward to hearing form you,RegardsBlake H...
  6. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.: Hello,Our team is having issues with using quick assist to help our WFH users. The admin will open quick assist obtain a code and the user will input it.Then when the user click share the field becomes grey and blocked out. We look forward to hearing form you,RegardsBlake H...
  7. Quick Assist Not Connecting Admin to User.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Quick Assist

Quick Assist: When my employer and I log into Quick Assist after he sends me the code and then we go to our remote session it cancels out our Quick Assist We have talked to our IT guy and he states this is a microsoft issue as I can do Quick Assist at any time while on my desktop but...
  9. Quick assist or MSRA multiple users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick assist or MSRA multiple users: Hello, I have issue with connecting more than one people with these services, is there any solution exist that I can’t find to make my desktop to be remotely connected for two people? As for now only one person can remotely connect to my desktop and watch what I explaining....
  10. Is it possible to run Quick Assist over a restricted LAN not connected to the internet?

Is it possible to run Quick Assist over a restricted LAN not connected to the internet?: Hello, Is it possible to run Windows10 Quick Assist over a restricted LAN not connected to the internet? Meaning the computers will not have any access to the internet, and we want to use Windows10 Quick Assist to provide support. Is it possible to setup a Microsoft server...