Windows 10: Quick assist not working

Discus and support Quick assist not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have 3 pc's two laptops and am an Insider getting pre releases, now set to slow updates to get more stability. I have the latest build and was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stewpot47SL, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Quick assist not working

I have 3 pc's two laptops and am an Insider getting pre releases, now set to slow updates to get more stability.

I have the latest build and was trying to help a friend when I discovered the Quick assist does not work

As advise on one help site I ran the CMD SCF tool it did some repairs and there was no reference to quick assist in the log file.

It did say there were some corrupt files it could not repair.

I rebooted

I then did the REGEDIT checks the settings were as needed '0'

I then tried settings Apps and features and tried to find repair but that did not show only delete

So that feature QUICK ASSIST is not now visible

How do I get the Default QUICK ASSIST back?

Thanks

Stew

:)

Stewpot47SL, Jan 14, 2019

2. Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2019
  4. TsgtGene Win User

Quick assist not working

Windows Quick Assist not working for me

Quick Assist not listed in Windows Store. Remote settings in System Properties look ok.
    Thanks for the input. I'll give it time to mature.

TsgtGene, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Quick assist not working

1. Quick assist not working - Similar Threads - Quick assist working

2. quick assist not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick assist not working: error 1002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-not-working/59146b24-d367-4830-9c24-79730a5c8174
  3. quick assist not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick assist not working: error 1002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-not-working/59146b24-d367-4830-9c24-79730a5c8174
  4. quick assist not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Quick Assist - Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist - Not working: Hi, I've been using Quick Assist and have encountered a problem of it not working. Whenever I try to open it and get a code to connect, it redirects and says "Waiting for the person helping you to set up the session." Tried shutting down both pcs and turning it on again but...
  6. Quick Assist - Not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist - Not working: Hi, I've been using Quick Assist and have encountered a problem of it not working. Whenever I try to open it and get a code to connect, it redirects and says "Waiting for the person helping you to set up the session." Tried shutting down both pcs and turning it on again but...
  7. Quick Assist not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist not working: If anyone can offer any help is solving this problem I would be very grateful !! Has anyone figured out why Quick Assist will load and run just fine on some PC's while on others a rotating animated "loading" symbol just spins and spins but never displays the get help / give...
  8. Quick Assist not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Assist not working: If anyone can offer any help is solving this problem I would be very grateful !! Has anyone figured out why Quick Assist will load and run just fine on some PC's while on others a rotating animated "loading" symbol just spins and spins but never displays the get help / give...
  9. Quick Assist stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Assist stopped working: I like Quick Assist feature that I used to help my parents with their problems. But it stopped working on my side. When I click Assist another person I see a blank screen and nothing more so I cannot generate a code for them to get connected...
  10. Quick Assist Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist Not Working: When i open Quick Assist (the feature that the newer Windows 10 update added) the dialog box opens and i pick Give assistance, then it start to flash or like when someone press refresh continuously. I can see that it says Share Security Code etc, etc and to copy code to...