Windows 10: Quick Assist security issue, MS Account Privacy history keeps open access

Discus and support Quick Assist security issue, MS Account Privacy history keeps open access in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had Microsoft Support use Quick Asist in Windows 11 to remotely connect to my computer about 2 months ago about a problem I reported. Then Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark K3, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Mark K3 Win User

Quick Assist security issue, MS Account Privacy history keeps open access

I had Microsoft Support use Quick Asist in Windows 11 to remotely connect to my computer about 2 months ago about a problem I reported. Then Microsoft Support remotely connected back to my system without my assistance to research the problem. After the problem got resolved, there is no more reason for Microsoft Support to remotely connect to my computer.Over the past two weeks I have been trying to report this problem to Microsoft, but no one cares. I found out how to break the connection between Microsoft Support and my computer. I had to log out of Quick Assist to break the connection.Micr

:)

Mark K3, Feb 24, 2024

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Quick Assist security issue, MS Account Privacy history keeps open access

File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Quick Assist security issue, MS Account Privacy history keeps open access

1. Quick Assist security issue, MS Account Privacy history keeps open access - Similar Threads - Quick Assist security

2. Quick Assist security issue, MS Account Privacy history keeps open access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist security issue, MS Account Privacy history keeps open access: I had Microsoft Support use Quick Asist in Windows 11 to remotely connect to my computer about 2 months ago about a problem I reported. Then Microsoft Support remotely connected back to my system without my assistance to research the problem. After the problem got resolved,...
  3. Cannot access privacy setting on MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access privacy setting on MS account: Hi all,hopefully this is the right space for my question - if not, please move the thread to appropriate one.Intro: I'm using Edge browser and have a system option of auto login to MS account enabled. Usually, when I go to account settings through Windows system menu, Edge is...
  4. Cannot access privacy setting on MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access privacy setting on MS account: Hi all,hopefully this is the right space for my question - if not, please move the thread to appropriate one.Intro: I'm using Edge browser and have a system option of auto login to MS account enabled. Usually, when I go to account settings through Windows system menu, Edge is...
  5. Quick Assist Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist Issues: We have begun seeing intermittent connectivity issues using Quick Assist. Is there a reported problem with one of the public servers? Is anyone else having problems using it?Thanks...
  6. Quick Assist Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist Issues: We have begun seeing intermittent connectivity issues using Quick Assist. Is there a reported problem with one of there public servers? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-issues/2c5e7b3d-46c2-4c47-91e7-4de1c87338e8
  7. Quick Assist Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist Issues: We have begun seeing intermittent connectivity issues using Quick Assist. Is there a reported problem with one of there public servers? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-issues/2c5e7b3d-46c2-4c47-91e7-4de1c87338e8
  8. MS Quick Assist bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Quick Assist bug: Hi, I discovered a bug on my laptop and my colleagues laptops during usage of the MS Quick Assist tool. We have 3 languages installed for keyboard typing on our laptops English, Russian and Ukrainian. But, after finishing of the connection of MS Quick Assist, for some...
  9. Quick Assist encryption and security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Assist encryption and security: Is there any documentation on the details of Quick Assist security? What encryption does it use? Is the session encrypted point-to-point or is it decrypted on the servers? Does Microsoft store any of the data that passes through it's servers?...
  10. Quick assist security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick assist security: Hello everyone, I would like to know the security features about Quick Assist. I work as IT Analyst in Remote operations, so for me is very important the security breach that can threat the clients computers. Because of this we need to analyze the features to know if...