Windows 10: Quick Assist sits at screen with spinning dots on my user account

Discus and support Quick Assist sits at screen with spinning dots on my user account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is similar to other issues about quick assist. I just installed the Quick Assist optional addon, but when I launch it, it sits at a white screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tgp1994, Jun 1, 2021.

1. tgp1994 Win User

Quick Assist sits at screen with spinning dots on my user account

This is similar to other issues about quick assist. I just installed the Quick Assist optional addon, but when I launch it, it sits at a white screen with spinning blue dots, like it's loading something. It will sit here forever and not continue. If I look in process monitor, the last thing it does is send some data to a remote HTTPS address. But after that, there is no activity in Process Monitor. I've tried resetting my Internet Options and rebooting which some people report has worked, but this did not fix the issue for me. I did try creating a new user account and launching the app in there, which did work. This is unfortunate though, because I have my current user account setup to provide remote support and logging in to a separate account just to use this app is fairly inconvenient. What can I do to troubleshoot what exactly is causing this issue in my account? Thanks in advance! Winver: 2004 Build 19041.985

:)

tgp1994, Jun 1, 2021

2. Quick Assisting Spinning

I am trying to start quick assist however when I start it, it is just spinning dots. What is it waiting for? I have tried starting as the administrator and it does the same thing.

Danny00lee, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 1, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Quick Assist not working

Good diagnostic step.

You've tried disabling 3rd party program startups, but there could be more things starting beyond those listed in the task manager startup list, if that's what you used.

Ideally you would have hands on access to both PCs... but that's not so. All credit to them for creating a new user account etc.

If you wished to disable more startups on the problem account you could use Autoruns (free from MS). But that seems asking a bit much of someone else remotely.

Of course, the problem could have nothing whatsoever to do with startups... you might want to check all services are default, for example, in particular those necessary for this.

Presumably it's not been blocked by the firewall:
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10
    - some unfinished discussion as to whether both accounts had to be MS accounts or not.

I found this:
    Windows 10 Quick Assist: Helpful Remote Assistance App or Potential Vulnerability? — Steeves and Associates

https://4sysops.com/archives/remote-control-windows-10-with-quick-assist/

This gives useful detail on how it works. For example, it uses port 443, so you need to check that's not blocked.
    It also indicates how to block it- so you can check that doesn't apply.

dalchina, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Quick Assist sits at screen with spinning dots on my user account - Similar Threads - Quick Assist sits

2. Quick Assist for users in domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist for users in domain: Hey there!Users are using 3rd Party applications in their systems to remotely access another user for support. I want to limit the users from accessing another user systems and they must use only MS Quick Assist for remote support. Additionally, users in my company domain...
  3. Quick Assist for users in domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist for users in domain: Hey there!Users are using 3rd Party applications in their systems to remotely access another user for support. I want to limit the users from accessing another user systems and they must use only MS Quick Assist for remote support. Additionally, users in my company domain...
  4. Quick Assist spinning dots on AAD-joined machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist spinning dots on AAD-joined machine: I have deployed the Quick assist app via my Intune portal. When I try to connect to a standard user on an AAD joined device I get spinning dots and it never connects. But if I am the one logged into both of the devices it connects. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Run an...
  5. Quick Assist spinning dots on AAD-joined machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist spinning dots on AAD-joined machine: I have deployed the Quick assist app via my Intune portal. When I try to connect to a standard user on an AAD joined device I get spinning dots and it never connects. But if I am the one logged into both of the devices it connects. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Run an...
  6. Quick Assist spinning dots on AAD-joined machine

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots: I turned it on and scanned my fingerprint, and now it’s just loading eternally. Closing the lid turns the screen off, but when I wake it back up, it’s still loading. It doesn’t even respond to the power button or any combination with the escape buttons. The computer is a...
  8. Spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning dots: My computer I use for my classes stated Microsoft update was due. So I waited and it auto restarted and did the update. Now all I have is spinning dots. That is it. All my student's information is on that computer plus their pictures and other events they have participated...
  9. spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    spinning dots: let me start by saying that my laptop is working perfectly, and windows 10 is working perfectly. I turn on the laptop, it's a Dell. I get the Dell logo screen as it posts. the screen blinks and the dell logo comes back on with the spinning dots. I want to change that...
  10. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...