Windows 10: Quick Assist support - timer for give asisstance set at 0

Discus and support Quick Assist support - timer for give asisstance set at 0 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i start quick support, the screen with "Share security code" timer was set to 1 second. After i removed and installed quick support through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hreich, Nov 5, 2018.

1. hreich Win User

Quick Assist support - timer for give asisstance set at 0

When i start quick support, the screen with "Share security code" timer was set to 1 second.

After i removed and installed quick support through "Manage optional features", now when starting quicj support the part with screen with "Share security code" doesn't display code, and in "code expires" timer the time is set to 0:00:'00, and now i can't use quick support at all...
    How can i fix that problem?

:)

hreich, Nov 5, 2018

2. Reset Quick Assist settings

Hi,

Thank you for the information. Stability of connection in Quick Assist depends on the internet connection. We suggest to make sure that you are connected to stable internet. To help you with this, please perform the following steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • On Settings, choose Apps & features.
    • On the left pane, choose Programs and Features.
    • Then, look for Quick Assist and click on it.
    • Choose Advanced options, then Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Lemuel Cie, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10, Cannot set Logout Timer

Hi Waltz,

For us to better assist you with your log out timer issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows are your running on your computer?
    To check, press Windows key + R > type winver
    > hit Enter.

• "Cannot set Logout Timer" - Do you want to set your computer to auto-shutdown or auto-lock?
    • What steps have your tried to set the logout timer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick Assist support - timer for give asisstance set at 0 - Similar Threads - Quick Assist support

2. Why am i unable to give support on quick assist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am i unable to give support on quick assist?: I don't know why i am unable to give support form my school and my personal account. it loads on forever. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-give-support-on-quick-assist/2d26c69f-5e44-4bb0-a51f-76859003c9c8
  3. Why am i unable to give support on quick assist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am i unable to give support on quick assist?: I don't know why i am unable to give support form my school and my personal account. it loads on forever. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-give-support-on-quick-assist/2d26c69f-5e44-4bb0-a51f-76859003c9c8
  4. Quick assist application - request is not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick assist application - request is not supported: when im trying to run the app im getting the error The request is not supported.steps already done1. application reinstalled2. computer restarted.3. application run with admin permissions. and still getting the error...
  5. Extending / disabling quick assist timer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extending / disabling quick assist timer?: For reasons, I need to be connected to a computer for 8 hours using quick assist. it used to work fine but now it pops up every so often with a 15 second timer that I need to confirm otherwise it shuts down the connection. any way to extend or disable this timer? submitted...
  6. Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance

Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance: Today after the upgrade to v1909, when I click the 'Assist another person' button, instead of giving me the code like it has every other time, I am redirected to a webpage to Get assistance with a box to enter a code. I am unable to help now....
  7. Quick assist - Give assistance not working with MFA

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick assist - Give assistance not working with MFA: I have an issue when I try to provide assistance with the tool Quick assist. When clicking on Give assistance, it request me to select an account. When selecting an Microsoft account who have MFA enable, I'm redirected to a web page IE or Edge both tested to validate the MFA...
  8. Quick Assist cannot give assistance

Quick Assist cannot give assistance: It's July 25, 2019 and I can find plenty of content about Quick Assist, but not a single reference to explain why my version is missing the "Give Assistance" option. What is broken here? Using: Windows 10 Enterprise v1607 (bld 14393.2273), Quick Assist version...
  9. Quick Assist Give Assistance no longer generates a code

Quick Assist Give Assistance no longer generates a code: I was so happy to see Quick Assist in Windows 10. I'm able to help my parents who live on the other side of the country when they run into issues. For a while it worked like a charm. I would open Quick Assist, click the Assist another person button and then generate the code...
  10. Quick support - timer for give asisstance set at 0

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick support - timer for give asisstance set at 0: When i start quick support, the screen with "Share security code" timer was set to 1 second. After i removed and installed quick support through "Manage optional features", now when starting quicj support the part with screen with "Share security code" doesn't display code,...