Windows 10: Quick Assist support - timer for give asisstance set at 0

Discus and support Quick Assist support - timer for give asisstance set at 0 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i start quick support, the screen with "Share security code" timer was set to 1 second. After i removed and installed quick support through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hreich, Nov 5, 2018.

1. hreich Win User

Quick Assist support - timer for give asisstance set at 0

When i start quick support, the screen with "Share security code" timer was set to 1 second.

After i removed and installed quick support through "Manage optional features", now when starting quicj support the part with screen with "Share security code" doesn't display code, and in "code expires" timer the time is set to 0:00:'00, and now i can't use quick support at all...
    How can i fix that problem?

:)

hreich, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Lemuel Cie Win User

Reset Quick Assist settings

Hi,

Thank you for the information. Stability of connection in Quick Assist depends on the internet connection. We suggest to make sure that you are connected to stable internet. To help you with this, please perform the following steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • On Settings, choose Apps & features.
    • On the left pane, choose Programs and Features.
    • Then, look for Quick Assist and click on it.
    • Choose Advanced options, then Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Lemuel Cie, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Joshua Her1 Win User
    Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10, Cannot set Logout Timer

Hi Waltz,

For us to better assist you with your log out timer issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows are your running on your computer?
    To check, press Windows key + R > type winver
    > hit Enter.

• "Cannot set Logout Timer" - Do you want to set your computer to auto-shutdown or auto-lock?
    • What steps have your tried to set the logout timer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick Assist support - timer for give asisstance set at 0 - Similar Threads - Quick Assist support

2. Quick support - timer for give asisstance set at 0

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick support - timer for give asisstance set at 0: When i start quick support, the screen with "Share security code" timer was set to 1 second. After i removed and installed quick support through "Manage optional features", now when starting quicj support the part with screen with "Share security code" doesn't display code,...
  3. Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Assist: I believe quick assist is not in my start menu. Can you help me restore it? I will then need help with getting Skipe working thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist/8aa97e90-fabf-4c10-8b73-22aa0a32be5c
  4. Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist: Is it possible to login to Quick Assist using my institution's AD account? When I try to login straight from the app it does not recognize my login and asks me to create one....
  5. Quick Assist fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist fails: Try to GIVE assistance and the code field is blank. Try to GET assistance and it fails. SFC /scannow is clean. Ideas? 80135
  6. Quick Assist Not Working

Quick Assist Not Working: When i open Quick Assist (the feature that the newer Windows 10 update added) the dialog box opens and i pick Give assistance, then it start to flash or like when someone press refresh continuously. I can see that it says Share Security Code etc, etc and to copy code to...
  7. Quick Discussion of native RAID 0 support in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Quick Discussion of native RAID 0 support in Windows 10: On the Microsoft Forums Someone wrote: Again, not one single post in thousands I've helped with in forums about RAID that was positive - every single one was either a problem or a disaster. And if you already knew the answer then why did you ask? I qualified my...
  8. Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc

Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc: Hi, Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1607 build 14393.187 Run "Quick Assist" as Administrator ( or user account, makes no difference) Login with Microsoft outlook.com account Quick Assist window clears and for further information is displayed Window is not frozen, can...
  9. Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10: Can I change file names and such by doing this. I want to tinker with my desktop in the living room and I'm on the couch but the text is to small on the tv. I have my laptop on my lap and can see it better. So I was wondering if I can edit file names in that mode. 56123
  10. Quick Assist Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Assist Problem: I would be obliged if someone could provide an answer to this problem. I use a laptop running on Windows 10 Home Edition. My daughter, who lives many miles from me, has a laptop running on Windows 10 Pro edition. I have used Quick Assist a couple of times to help her and on...