Windows 10: Quick Assist "Try again later. Something went wrong on our end. We're working on it".

Discus and support Quick Assist "Try again later. Something went wrong on our end. We're working on it". in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am a troubleshooter for a few elderly. I usually take over their system through Quick Assist and do any maintenance it need. Yesterday I received... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AMT0474, Mar 5, 2021.

1. AMT0474 Win User

Quick Assist "Try again later. Something went wrong on our end. We're working on it".

I am a troubleshooter for a few elderly. I usually take over their system through Quick Assist and do any maintenance it need.

Yesterday I received a frantic call that one of them couldn't get on his email account. I immediately ask him to start Quick Assist, which was not responding - error message listed above.

I managed to have this person.... through many hours of directions, how to upgrade any updates windows may need to do, reset the Quick Assist - Microsoft Store, did numerous reset, restart and still can not get Quick Assist to start.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist/130af4b2-2ee0-415f-8114-8160f45fce1a

https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/162275-quick-assist-error-has-occurred.html

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-10-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-dd59-949a9030f317

https://www.webucator.com/how-to/how-create-second-user-account-windows-10.cfm

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-quick-assist-settings/0906bd4a-3075-4b7f-a1e4-e02674625fa7

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3476-reset-clear-recent-items-frequent-places-windows-10-a.html

These are just a few of the troubleshooting webpages that I have read and try by phone giving guidance to an 75 yrs old elderly on what to do, and where to look. Every hour, I have to stop, cause the stress is a bit too much for him... then I start again.

This is by far a huge problem and there has to be an easier solution from Microsoft to fix this. Especially during this quarantine time where one cannot go to someone's home or an elderly retirement home.

So my question is: Can someone please find me a solution, keeping in mind that I cannot get this elderly to do coding or something too complicated. How do I reset this Quick Assist???? I even tried to get him to set up a new account. Won't let him do that. Frustrated.

Thanks

:)

AMT0474, Mar 5, 2021

2. Quick Assist Error Message

I am running Windows 10 Home and current on all updates. I am using a TP-Link AC 1900 router over Time Warner Roadrunner Internet. All appears to be working well.

When I run the Quick Assist program and select "Give Assistance" I get the message "Try again later. Something went wrong on our end. We're working on it".

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to resolve this problem? Nothing appeared obvious under Event Viewer or Google.

Charlie210, Mar 5, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Quick Assist not working

Good diagnostic step.

You've tried disabling 3rd party program startups, but there could be more things starting beyond those listed in the task manager startup list, if that's what you used.

Ideally you would have hands on access to both PCs... but that's not so. All credit to them for creating a new user account etc.

If you wished to disable more startups on the problem account you could use Autoruns (free from MS). But that seems asking a bit much of someone else remotely.

Of course, the problem could have nothing whatsoever to do with startups... you might want to check all services are default, for example, in particular those necessary for this.

Presumably it's not been blocked by the firewall:
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10
    - some unfinished discussion as to whether both accounts had to be MS accounts or not.

I found this:
    Windows 10 Quick Assist: Helpful Remote Assistance App or Potential Vulnerability? — Steeves and Associates

https://4sysops.com/archives/remote-control-windows-10-with-quick-assist/

This gives useful detail on how it works. For example, it uses port 443, so you need to check that's not blocked.
    It also indicates how to block it- so you can check that doesn't apply.

dalchina, Mar 5, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Quick Assist "Try again later. Something went wrong on our end. We're working on it".

Quick Assist not working

Quick Assist "Try again later. Something went wrong on our end. We're working on it". [​IMG]

I suppose another possibility might be that some related service is not configured correctly...

E.g. Tweaking.com's repair tool includes a repair to set services to default.

I suggest you look at affected PCs and check installed programs to see if there are any that are common only to those and not others, especially 3rd party security programs with firewalls.

I saw a note somewhere that there's no relevant group policy.

Is this idea relevant?
    or this:
    - this helped some people
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-3a46fe1fd0a6

dalchina, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Quick Assist "Try again later. Something went wrong on our end. We're working on it". - Similar Threads - Quick Assist Try

2. Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end: Hi,about ten days ago I reinstalled my PC and installed a new GPU. I formatted all hard drives and made a clean install. MS Store worked the first days when I downloaded the weater app. Now when I try to install the 3D Builder I get the error message you can see above. I also...
  3. Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end: Hi,about ten days ago I reinstalled my PC and installed a new GPU. I formatted all hard drives and made a clean install. MS Store worked the first days when I downloaded the weater app. Now when I try to install the 3D Builder I get the error message you can see above. I also...
  4. Microsoft Store Error Try again later Something went wrong at our end

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SOMETHING WENT WRONG. TRY AGAIN LATER

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    SOMETHING WENT WRONG. TRY AGAIN LATER: hi, I'm Zana. I'm currently using a Huawei MateBook D15 and i can't set up my fingerprint since it says "this option is currently unavailable--click to learn more" and "something went wrong. try again later". I have tried so many ways to fix this, but still do not manage to...
  6. Please try again, something went wrong on our end

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please try again, something went wrong on our end: So I bought Minecraft Dungeons the day it came out and tried to install it to no avail. I keep getting the same error message. At first it would actually try to install but then just stop half way and not let me continue it. It's only a couple GB but it would sit there...
  7. Microsoft Story error "Try Again Later. Something went wrong on our end."

Microsoft Story error "Try Again Later. Something went wrong on our end.": As of 4/15/2020 I have not been able to install Minecraft for Windows from my store library. Win I click on install I see the error "Try Again Later. Something went wrong on our end." I have verified that Windows updates have been installed. I have disabled my antivirus...
  8. Try again later - Something happened at our end

Try again later - Something happened at our end: I bought a new PC to replace one that broke. I logged into Microsoft Store to download some of the apps that I previously used. It lists those that I own and gives the opportunity to install them. However, clicking on the Install button opens a window saying Try again...
  9. 'Try again later. Something happened at our end.'

'Try again later. Something happened at our end.': I have a serious problem. I wanted to install NVIDIA Control Panel, but it gives me error: 'Try again later. Something happened at our end.' I have literally watched every single video about this error and nothing helped me. I'm not sure what could be the problem, maybe some...
  10. Try Again Later, Something Happened on Our End

Try Again Later, Something Happened on Our End: I just downloaded Undertale to PC. I hit the install button and get a prompt asking permission from Host Process for Windows Services to make changes to my PC. I hit "yes" to allow permission, and then I get an error message that states, "Try Again Later, Something Happened...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something went wrong on our end. were working on it. quick assist

2. Huawei matebook something went wrong on our end