Windows 10: Quick Assist Won't Remember My Live Account, But Keeps My GMail Account

Discus and support Quick Assist Won't Remember My Live Account, But Keeps My GMail Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I rebuilt Windows 10 from scratch and onto a new NVMe SSD, October 2020. The first thing I did was to set up Quick Assist with my Windows Live email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AudioMaverick, May 8, 2021.

1. Quick Assist Won't Remember My Live Account, But Keeps My GMail Account

I rebuilt Windows 10 from scratch and onto a new NVMe SSD, October 2020. The first thing I did was to set up Quick Assist with my Windows Live email account, which it remembered. After I had finished installing all of my software and set my various credentials, Quick Assist not only stopped logging in with a cache of my Live account, but it only seems to remember my GMail email account I used when setting up those applications. This GMail email is nowhere in the Settings/Accounts menu, but shows up in the typing suggestions when I start typing my Live email account into Quick Assis

:)

AudioMaverick, May 8, 2021

2. Gmail leaves your account open to spammers

A new flaw has been exposed in Google’s Gmail service which could allow hackers to get hold of your contacts. When you log into your Gmail (Googlemail in some countries) account, Google will put your details into a JavaScript file. Because of this, if you browse other websites whilst logged into your account, any of them could potentially declare the function “google” and be able to get hold of all of your contacts. The only two ways to ensure your privacy is safe are to disable JavaScript in all websites except those you trust or to not browse other sites whilst logged into any Google service. Admittedly Gmail is still only a beta, but a fault like this could be quite serious.

Update: Disabling JavaScript did not solve this problem, however it appears that Google has now fixed this issue and your contacts list should be safe.

Source: Engadget

Jimmy 2004, May 8, 2021
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, May 8, 2021
  4. Quick Assist Won't Remember My Live Account, But Keeps My GMail Account

WP7 live account problem

I am trying to move a relative's WP7 content to a new Android phone.

When they first got the WP7, they didn`t understand Live accounts and put another (non-microsoft) email address and password in as the "primary live account" - of course it never worked, so they set up their email correctly as a secondary account, and
    never needed the marketplace, so the fact the primary live account never worked was never an issue.

Now, after some time using it they have a load of contacts on their WP7 phone they want to export before changing phone.....but they can`t sync to the "primary live account" because it isn't a microsoft account.....so we set up a second live account, and
    though the phone says it is syncing, nothing syncs....probably because the primary Live account is failing.....but of course you can`t delete that account or change the email address!

So now it seems I can`t export the contacts to another phone/csv, file because:

• Primary live account doesn`t work and can`t be removed
    • Secondary Live account won`t sync because primary Live account is blocking it
    • Marketplace apps to do the job are not available because the primary Live account doesn`t work.
    • If I factory reset to remove the primary Live Account, then I will lose all contacts anyway
    • Cant export contacts to SIM because WP7 doesn`t allow it....
    Can anyone suggest how I can export all the contacts before I smash the stupid phone to a million pieces on the head of the idiot who designed this system???????

TristanCompton, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Quick Assist Won't Remember My Live Account, But Keeps My GMail Account

1. Quick Assist Won't Remember My Live Account, But Keeps My GMail Account - Similar Threads - Quick Assist Won't

2. My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...: For a very brief moment I think - it's too long, now, since I tried to be certain, the 2-step authentication worked. Like, for a single download.Since that single time, never again.I've changed my password to no avail despite my certainty of the match on WLM2012 and the gmail...
  3. My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...: For a very brief moment I think - it's too long, now, since I tried to be certain, the 2-step authentication worked. Like, for a single download.Since that single time, never again.I've changed my password to no avail despite my certainty of the match on WLM2012 and the gmail...
  4. My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. live mail setup for gmail accounts

live mail setup for gmail accounts: i followed the setup for windows live mail setup for my new gmail account ...... but when done it fails getting my gmail folders because the server is rejecting my login ,,, any ideas?...
  6. live mail setup for gmail accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail setup for gmail accounts: i followed the setup for windows live mail setup for my new gmail account ...... but when done it fails getting my gmail folders because the server is rejecting my login ,,, any ideas?...
  7. Quick Assist sits at screen with spinning dots on my user account

Quick Assist sits at screen with spinning dots on my user account: This is similar to other issues about quick assist. I just installed the Quick Assist optional addon, but when I launch it, it sits at a white screen with spinning blue dots, like it's loading something. It will sit here forever and not continue. If I look in process monitor,...
  8. syncing my gmail account with Incredimail account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing my gmail account with Incredimail account: I am having trouble syncing my gmail account with my Incredimail account. I keep getting an error saying couldn't be signed in because my browser may be faulty Chrome and to try another browser. Also a pop up that says the script on the page is faulty and do I want to run...
  9. Quick Assist won't accept my sign-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Assist won't accept my sign-in: I use Quick Assist to help my brother with computer problems. Despite twice entering my account, QA returns "can't locate that account" and it forces me to reset my password. I enter emailed code, assign new password, and attempt to sign-in again but QA loops back to "can't...
  10. Edge won't remember Gmail password

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't remember Gmail password: I can't get Edge browser to remember my Gmail password. Remember passwords is on and it remembered all of my other IDs and passwords......stumped.*Mad 20715