Windows 10: Quick change for mouse scroll options

Discus and support Quick change for mouse scroll options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to quickly configure your mouse to scroll from 1 line to 3 at a time? I already know how to do it through the mouse control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frabnkhs, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Frabnkhs Win User

Quick change for mouse scroll options

Does anyone know how to quickly configure your mouse to scroll from 1 line to 3 at a time?

I already know how to do it through the mouse control panel but I'd like a faster (lazier) method than fishing through menus and control panels

I suppose I could find out what registry key configures that and write a .reg file but being retired I'd really rather not

My reason is scrolling 3 lines is best for web browsers but gaming is best with 1 line scrolling

:)

Frabnkhs, Mar 24, 2020

2. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Mar 24, 2020
  3. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

I have a new computer (Dell) and have never before had a PC (Macs only). I connected my favorite mouse, a Logitech M325, and it's working in the normal way. But I want to change the scroll direction to Natural Scrolling - what I'm used to. I've followed the directions available online. Under Mice - Hardware in Control Panel, there's just one mouse listed, an HID-Compliant mouse. First, I assumed that was the one I was using, so I changed it. Turns out that applied to the wired mouse that came with the computer and its scroll direction was successfully changed, as I found out when I plugged it back in. So these directions would work with my computer, but my mouse just isn't showing up as an HID-compliant mouse in the Mice area. I think I found it though...listed as a keyboard. And keyboards don't appear to have a path with a numeric string where I could change the digit to reverse scrolling. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the scrolling - either how to get my mouse to show up in the Control Panel as a mouse, or a work-around. Thanks.

salishsong, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Quick change for mouse scroll options - Similar Threads - Quick change mouse

2. How to disable changing drop-down list option by scrolling mouse wheel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable changing drop-down list option by scrolling mouse wheel?: When I hover mouse on top of closed drop-down list and accidentally scrolls mouse wheel, it changes selection in that list. It's annoying... It happens in system interfaces and in third party applications that uses Windows UI elements. How can I disable this feature?...
  3. MOUSE SCROLLING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  4. MOUSE SCROLLING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  5. Mouse scroll setting keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll setting keeps changing: I prefer to keep my mouse scroll set to 3 lines in my windows 10 desktop. But the system randomly increases it to something like 11 or 19. I bring it back to 3. But it does not stay more than a few hours. Please help. This is what Windows does: [ATTACH] I change it back...
  6. Mouse Scrolling

Mouse Scrolling: In an webpage when I use the scroll bar key on the right to move down by clicking and dragging it down then when I remove the pointer to the middle then it gets dragged automatically .How can I undo this setting ?...
  7. scrolling options

scrolling options: Hi, At the moment, the scrolling on my Lenovo Yoga touchpad is not scrolling the way I would like it to. I have gone onto settings, devices, touchpad, yet there is no option for me to reverse scrolling. I have clicked on additional settings too! Does anyone know how to fix...
  8. Mouse scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scrolling: My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook. It works fine on all other sites. I have tried several suggestions, but no results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling/12bd117e-b1e5-48fb-959f-4da0dc1d9edf
  9. Mouse Scroll issues after December update. Continuous scrolling. Changed mouse settings to...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mouse Scroll issues after December update. Continuous scrolling. Changed mouse settings to...: Something in Windows Update in Dec. changed scrolling on my Windows 10/Toshiba laptop. I've tried changing mouse settings, the scrolling options, as mentioned in prior forums, but nothing has worked. My only fix last month was to uninstall the Dec update. There must be...
  10. Windows option prevents mouse scroll.

Windows option prevents mouse scroll.: When I try to scroll with my mouse an option comes out(that I don't know) that goes from 0 to 1 and it doesn't scroll. I don't know what it is and because of that I can't find a fix for it[ATTACH]...