Windows 10: Quick Find By Typing First Few Letters Of File Name?

Discus and support Quick Find By Typing First Few Letters Of File Name? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i REALLY miss, and don't know why i can't do it with Windows 10, typing the first few letters of a file name and having it automatically highlighted!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billybag, Dec 27, 2015.

1. billybag Win User

Quick Find By Typing First Few Letters Of File Name?

i REALLY miss, and don't know why i can't do it with Windows 10, typing the first few letters of a file name and having it automatically highlighted!!!

i tried googling this, but i can't find it. i would be surprised if no one else has talked about this though so many be i am not using the right phrasing.

:)

billybag, Dec 27, 2015
  2. farby Win User

Nokia 5800-No search feature in music!!!

Menu-->Internet-->Search..Highlight MUSIC ..and type the first few letters of the song in the field at the bottom..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

farby, Dec 27, 2015
  3. smiggsy Win User
    6700 Slide... Contacts Search??

When I search for a conact, using the quick search function in my contacts list, the first letter I type comes up with all the Surnames with that letter?

For instance... If I search for "Andrew"... by typing "a", The search results will be random first names with all the "A" surnames in order... then Andrew will appear in the list once the "a" surnames have exausted themselves???

I want to search for the first letter of the contact as it appears in the list... Please??

smiggsy, Dec 27, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

It works as usual for me inside Windows Explorer. I use Total Commander though. Win10 Home x64. Maybe the windows is out of focus. Tried clicking somewhere in the window first?

eLPuSHeR, Dec 27, 2015
  5. billybag Win User
    i used CCleaner and restarted and it works except one particular folder with music in it. For some reason it just won't do it and makes that windows error sound. It seems to only be this one folder right now, so whatever.

billybag, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick Find By Typing First Few Letters Of File Name? - Similar Threads - Quick Find Typing

2. When I type the letter "s" as the first letter in Microsoft's "Get Help" in Settings the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I type the letter "s" as the first letter in Microsoft's "Get Help" in Settings the...: So I tried every other letter and they all work just fine. It's only the letter "s" that results in an issue. The minute I type the first letter as an "s" into the "Get Help" box the "Get Help" screen goes white/blank and I have to close it and start over....
  3. When I type the letter "s" as the first letter in Microsoft's "Get Help" in Settings the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I type the letter "s" as the first letter in Microsoft's "Get Help" in Settings the...: So I don't seem to have a problem when starting out with any other letter with the exception of the letter "s". The minute I type the first letter as an "s" into the "Get Help" box the "Get Help" goes white/blank and I have to close "Get Help" and go back in and start with a...
  4. The first letters of my contacts' names repeats upon readng

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The first letters of my contacts' names repeats upon readng: This is happening across apps - instead of receiving an Outlook email or a Teams message from John Doe, it will look like this: Jjoh Ddo. I've tried signing out and back in, and it is across devices. My typing is unaffected....
  5. a few weeks ago my keyboard started not accepting the first 1 or 3 letters I type in any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a few weeks ago my keyboard started not accepting the first 1 or 3 letters I type in any...: I've seen many suggestions to test/confirm that it's the keyboard itself or drivers. One great list was from Greg Carmack in 2019 which had a suggestion to turn on the on-screen keyboard and try using it. Unfortunately he didn't say what to do if it exhibited the same...
  6. a few weeks ago my keyboard started not accepting the first 1 or 3 letters I type in any...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a few weeks ago my keyboard started not accepting the first 1 or 3 letters I type in any...: I've seen many suggestions to test/confirm that it's the keyboard itself or drivers. One great list was from Greg Carmack in 2019 which had a suggestion to turn on the on-screen keyboard and try using it. Unfortunately he didn't say what to do if it exhibited the same...
  7. Naming a file with cap letter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Naming a file with cap letter: All of a sudden the first letter of any word comes up in lower case. I change it to a upper case letter but when I hit the enter key it goes back to a lower case letter. Thanks for any help....
  8. Quick Search by typing file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Search by typing file name: Hello I'm having issues when looking for a specif file inside a folder. Normally when you type the name of the file not in the search bar on top it goes over all the files that contain the characters you are typing until it reaches the one you were looking for, well when I...
  9. first letter doesn't type all of a sudden

in Cortana
    first letter doesn't type all of a sudden: the first letter doesn't type all of a sudden https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-letter-doesnt-type-all-of-a-sudden/00a06688-c29d-4774-bfa4-1cc73f165ce5"
  10. Start Menu Crashing After Typing a Few Letters

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Crashing After Typing a Few Letters: I just recently got a desktop from CyberPowerPC, gua2400bst model, and I noticed that whenever I go to use the start menu, it will open normally and I can still click on settings or tiles, but when I go to type to search, it will let me type for about 1 second, no matter how...