Windows 10: Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep

Discus and support Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the Quick Launch toolbar configured with a bunch of icons, and it's set up to be the exact width required for the icons to fit. If I close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ogrfnkl, Mar 13, 2016.

1. ogrfnkl Win User

Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep

I have the Quick Launch toolbar configured with a bunch of icons, and it's set up to be the exact width required for the icons to fit. If I close the lid of the laptop to have it go to sleep, when I bring it back from sleep, the icons have grown larger, so they no longer fit on the toolbar, which now has an overflow area (accessible via an arrow). It seems that it's just the width of the icons that changes, as they don't look any larger overall. I have also noticed that SOME of the icons, though not all, will also have a different graphic (an example being TrueCrypt, which appears with a blue key, instead of purple). When I reboot the computer all goes back to normal. This is a not a major problem, but it's one of those annoying pesky things that I'd like to solve. Can anyone offer any ideas?

Thanks!

:)

ogrfnkl, Mar 13, 2016
  2. Dave A2 Win User

W10 - BSOD after wake from sleep

Wake-from Sleep

Sorry about the slow reply to you request for additional information. My "wake from sleep" problem has not changed.

I've uploaded new copies of mini-dump and added a full-size dmp file. Also added an .evtx file as requested.

Copies are on Onedrive at:

Crash

Dave A2, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Restore down

All open tabs keep restoring down from maximum size and appear dotted all over the screen after monitor and/or computer wakes up from sleep mode when I want them to stay at their original size.

MikeReynard, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep

1. Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Quick Launch icons

2. Taskbar changes size when computer wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar changes size when computer wakes up from sleep: My taskbar is 3 rows so I can see all my apps and tabs and shortcuts. When the computer wakes up from sleep, it goes to 1 row wide, and I have to reset it. I have it set to "lock the taskbar" and "use small taskbar buttons" is off. It used to work fine and stay locked at 3...
  3. Taskbar changes size when computer wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar changes size when computer wakes up from sleep: My taskbar is 3 rows so I can see all my apps and tabs and shortcuts. When the computer wakes up from sleep, it goes to 1 row wide, and I have to reset it. I have it set to "lock the taskbar" and "use small taskbar buttons" is off. It used to work fine and stay locked at 3...
  4. Taskbar changes size when computer wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Quick Launch icons?

Quick Launch icons?: How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-launch-icons/a1bd1b0d-244e-41c7-912a-e8a797fbad1d
  6. Snapped windows change size after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Snapped windows change size after waking from sleep: I've researched and tried multiple things but nothing has worked so far. Switched from a Macbook to Windows 10 for work computer. BetterSnapTool is awesome on Mac. The built-in Snap function for Windows 10 is fine while working, but when the computer goes to sleep,...
  7. Size of Quick Launch icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of Quick Launch icons changed: Hello all, I have a very populated Quick Launch area with the icons set to small on my work computer. Today I found that the icons in the QL changed in size; previously I had the task bar two lines high and two lines of icons fit in the area. If I want to fit two lines of...
  8. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  9. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  10. Customise size of Quick Launch icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise size of Quick Launch icons: I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly. [img] If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they...