Windows 10: Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep

Discus and support Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the Quick Launch toolbar configured with a bunch of icons, and it's set up to be the exact width required for the icons to fit. If I close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ogrfnkl, Mar 13, 2016.

1. ogrfnkl Win User

Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep

I have the Quick Launch toolbar configured with a bunch of icons, and it's set up to be the exact width required for the icons to fit. If I close the lid of the laptop to have it go to sleep, when I bring it back from sleep, the icons have grown larger, so they no longer fit on the toolbar, which now has an overflow area (accessible via an arrow). It seems that it's just the width of the icons that changes, as they don't look any larger overall. I have also noticed that SOME of the icons, though not all, will also have a different graphic (an example being TrueCrypt, which appears with a blue key, instead of purple). When I reboot the computer all goes back to normal. This is a not a major problem, but it's one of those annoying pesky things that I'd like to solve. Can anyone offer any ideas?

Thanks!

:)

ogrfnkl, Mar 13, 2016
  2. Dave A2 Win User

W10 - BSOD after wake from sleep

Wake-from Sleep

Sorry about the slow reply to you request for additional information. My "wake from sleep" problem has not changed.

I've uploaded new copies of mini-dump and added a full-size dmp file. Also added an .evtx file as requested.

Copies are on Onedrive at:

Crash

Dave A2, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Restore down

All open tabs keep restoring down from maximum size and appear dotted all over the screen after monitor and/or computer wakes up from sleep mode when I want them to stay at their original size.

MikeReynard, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep

1. Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Quick Launch icons

2. windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 icon disappear after waking from sleep mode: first of all, forgive my bad english, i try to make this understandable. this thread is not for asking question, but rather to giving solution or opinion to the subject. just now im facing with problems where my windows 10 icons disappearing after waking from sleep mode....
  3. Dual screen background changes after waking from sleep

Dual screen background changes after waking from sleep: Ok, so I've searched for a while and cannot find an answer so I must ask it on my own. I currently have a dual monitor setup. The primary monitor is front of me and the second monitor is mounted direct above the primary. I have one background image that spans both screens....
  4. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  5. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  6. Bluescreen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen after waking from sleep: Never had a bsod occur on this machine. If anyone could provide me details on determining the cause of the situation, it'd be gladly appreciated *Party attached is the debug zip folder If there's somewhere where I can upload the memory.dmp or mini dump.. let me know. 42660
  7. BSOD after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after waking from sleep: Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully someone can help. 25091
  8. quick launch: how to reorder icons

in Windows 10 Support
    quick launch: how to reorder icons: I have installed Quick Launch on my Windows 10 task bar. It works ! However, I would like to reorder the icons in a way that makes sense to me. The only reordering I have been able to discover so far is to move an icon to the end of the list. Is there a way to directly...
  9. Customise size of Quick Launch icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise size of Quick Launch icons: I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly. [img] If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...