Windows 10: Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

Discus and support Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SYMPTOMS: When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Higham, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

SYMPTOMS:

When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar.

MORE INFORMATION:

Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and 8.1 can. However, there is no practical reason to enable Quick Launch as a toolbar on the taskbar. The Quick Launch toolbar was useful on Windows 98 and up to Windows Vista for quickly launching applications from there.

:)

Michael Higham, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

Hi,

In the Quick Launch toolbar, you can add or remove shortcuts so that you have easy access to items you frequently use from the Quick Launch Toolbar. To move the Quick Launch toolbar to the left side of the task bar, you can follow the steps below:

• Unlock the taskbar. Press right-click on the taskbar, and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Click and hold on the dotted separator line at the left of the Quick Launch toolbar and drag it to the left.
    • When you are finished, lock the taskbar. Press right-click on the taskbar, and check
      Lock all taskbars.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Change icon of Windows 10 Quick Launch (Custom) Toolbar

I have created a quick launch toolbar of my Games folder (Right click taskbar → Toolbars → New Toolbar → Select Game Folder).

This creates a toolbar that looks like this:

Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar SXsAZ.png

I am trying to change the icon of these folders on my toolbar.

I have changed the icon of my folder on my disk, but that does not change the icon on the toolbar. I'm guessing the toolbar icons are shortcuts, but I can't find the location of the shortcuts on the disk.

All I can find is the disk location of the normal quick launch shortcuts:
    C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

Any idea where the toolbar shortcuts are on disk? Or any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Brandon Haley, Sep 2, 2019
  4. zhihuixie Win User

Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

Quick Launch always missing?

Thank you. I created the Quick Launch by this steps: Firstly, I click the right-hand button of the mouse on the Taskbar--Toolbar--New toolbar. Then C:\Users\(present administrator)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch. Lastly, choose
    "Select folder". I can see the "Quick Launch" icon showed in the bottom right on the Taskbar.
    Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar 33b2b458-07c6-4f2a-a86b-dc6cf1cc9dc9.png

zhihuixie, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

1. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar - Similar Threads - Quick Launch Available

2. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  3. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  4. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  5. Clicking Quick Launch Toolbar to Close The Program

Clicking Quick Launch Toolbar to Close The Program: When I click on the icons in the Quick Launch Toolbar, it opens the program up, but when I click it again, instead of closing it nothing happens. How do I get the Quick Launch Toolbar icons to close it if it's open and open if it's closed when I clicked them?...
  6. Quick launch toolbar folder is removed periodically

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick launch toolbar folder is removed periodically: My Quick launch folder disappears from the taskbar after using CCleaner. Is there a special assigned place, or a registry setting for this folder not to be removed from the taskbar? 116767
  7. Toolbars on taskbar, have program launch within toolbar

Toolbars on taskbar, have program launch within toolbar: Hi, *Smile i have a question about toolbars... is it possible to have programs launch within the toolbar? 107959
  8. Quick Launch toolbar stuck

Quick Launch toolbar stuck: Hello, I have messed up the taskbar, I "think" with Winaero Tweaker, trying to get the white text back so I can read anything (enable disable then enable colored title bars fixed that). While I did get the black text to turn white, either with the colored title bars or Aero...
  9. Dell Laptop missing Quick Launch - Taskbar > Right Click > Toolbars

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Laptop missing Quick Launch - Taskbar > Right Click > Toolbars: Hi Team, I am hoping that someone might be able to help me with this quirky issue because I have had Windows 7, and 10 machines in the past, yet for this particular machine, I am missing the "Toolbars" option within Windows Taskbar. [img] The attached picture...
  10. Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...