Windows 10: Quick Launch - Shortcuts not working, Attempting to use clears taskbar

Discus and support Quick Launch - Shortcuts not working, Attempting to use clears taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an issue with the Quick Launch taskbar that just began yesterday... Here are my issues: 1. Quick Launch shortcuts to not work. 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SarcasticWit, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Quick Launch - Shortcuts not working, Attempting to use clears taskbar

I am having an issue with the Quick Launch taskbar that just began yesterday...

Here are my issues:

1. Quick Launch shortcuts to not work.
    2. Cannot delete, or look at shortcut properties.
    3. Attempting to use Quick Launch shortcuts cause open windows in taskbar to disappear for a few moments, then screen refreshes and they reappear.

What I have tried and/or checked:

1. No Windows updates installed this week.
    2. Removed Quick Launch taskbar.
    3. Rebooted computer.
    4. Re-enabled/installed Quick Launch taskbar.
    5. Added new, working shortcuts to Quick Launch taskbar.
    6. Same issues occurred.

There has been nothing new installed on this computer, and malware/virus scans do not indicate any issues (this is work computer and is monitored via lab tech, malwarebytes, and webroot programs...

I have searched for others having these types of issues and nothing that appears to mimic my issues was found...

Any thoughts, hints or ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you in advance.

David B

:)

SarcasticWit, Oct 4, 2016

2. gadget quick buttons in taskbar-pin

I use the Quick Launce section of the Taskbar for Internet Shortcuts. Drag the icon in front of the URL to the desktop and then drag it to Quick Launch.

Bruce Hagen, Oct 4, 2016
  3. Shortcut to sound control panel?

See if changing the shortcut target to the following, helps:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,0

If it doesn't work, use this method:

Create a shortcut (on the desktop) to a different program, that's not already Pinned to taskbar, say Notepad. Rename the shortcut as desired and change the icons. Pin it to taskbar.

Then open this folder:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

Alter the shortcut target there.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Quick Launch - Shortcuts not working, Attempting to use clears taskbar

1. Quick Launch - Shortcuts not working, Attempting to use clears taskbar - Similar Threads - Quick Launch Shortcuts

2. Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch: I have used the Quick Launch Bar since its inception and never had a problem with it. However, for the past couple or three days when I click on one of my app icons, I have to double click or it won't open. Anyone having a problem with this? If so, were you able to fix it?...
  3. Most Quick Launch Shortcuts Disappear on Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most Quick Launch Shortcuts Disappear on Reboot: Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, OS Build 18363.1316, When I reboot, MOST quick launch shortcuts are deleted from the quick launch folder, and I have to put them back from another location I created as a backup to deal with this issue. Very frustrating. The toolbar itself...
  4. Program launch shortcuts don't work

Program launch shortcuts don't work: Height What I want is to launch programs, such as Notepad, using the key combination. The instructions are pretty clear: - create a shortcut on the desktop. — Click properties, put the cursor in the "shortcut key" and select key. - hit 'apply' — You then have a...
  5. Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps: [IMG] submitted by /u/DarkSkyViking [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jojg67/taskbar_quick_launch_icons_vs_open_apps/
  6. Clear taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clear taskbar?: Is there any way to make the windows 10 taskbar the same color as the application that's in use? I have a program for a transparent taskbar, but i'm curious if there's a way to make it look as if the application is in full screen mode while still having the task bar visible....
  7. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar: SYMPTOMS: When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar. MORE INFORMATION: Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and...
  8. Quick Launch stopped working.......

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch stopped working.......: Windows 10 version 1803. I've been running Windows 10 since it came out. And I ALWAYS had the Quick Launch on the task bar... Sat at the end of the task bar and made it easy to switch to the desktop............ Today, rebooted and Quick Launch is just 2 blank page icons,...
  9. desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working

desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working: Desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-taskbar-shortcuts-not-working/0a60d373-afe7-4835-86b4-b97a67c39fd8
  10. Taskbar shortcut quick launcher not functional

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcut quick launcher not functional: I'm unable to launch programs/open recent items from the taskbar quick launch feature. Unsure of the features official name but it's just when you right click on an item on the taskbar then right-click an item that shows in the recent list. What I'm seeing is that when I...