Windows 10: Quick Launch stopped working.......

Discus and support Quick Launch stopped working....... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 1803. I've been running Windows 10 since it came out. And I ALWAYS had the Quick Launch on the task bar... Sat at the end of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GracieAllen, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Quick Launch stopped working.......

Windows 10 version 1803.

I've been running Windows 10 since it came out. And I ALWAYS had the Quick Launch on the task bar... Sat at the end of the task bar and made it easy to switch to the desktop............

Today, rebooted and Quick Launch is just 2 blank page icons, not the icons that have always been there, and they don't work. No errors, no popups, just sit there like a stump.......

Removed it, reinstalled it, no difference.

Removed it, rebooted, reinstalled it, NO DIFFERENCE.

I'm not sure when Windows stuck 1803 on this box, but is this something MS did? If not, HOW do I get the quick launch bar back to working? And if it IS something #$%^&*() stupid MS did HOW so it get the quick launch bar back to working?

:)

GracieAllen, Feb 14, 2019

2. Quick Launch Tool Bar

Hi Seawell,

To get the Quick Launch toolbar back to your task bar, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the task bar.
    • Select Toolbars> New Toolbar.
    • Type C:\Users\(PRESENT ADMINISTRATOR)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    • Click Select folder.

Regarding your concern with pining apps to task bar, let us ask a few questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to pin programs to task bar? Are you getting any error messages?
    • Does this issue occur on all apps you try to pin?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to the issue?

Try
    starting your computer in safe mode
    and check if you'll be able to pin the program there.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Quick Launch stopped working.......

Screen Brightness Adjustment not Working with Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to look for the software
    Quick Launch program
    in the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

If you find it, then follow the steps:

• Right-click and delete the existing Quick Launch program.

• Reboot.

• Install the newly downloaded package.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Quick Launch stopped working.......

1. Quick Launch stopped working....... - Similar Threads - Quick Launch stopped

2. Quick Launch Misaligned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Launch Misaligned: I have no idea how this happened and no idea how to fix this.Today out of the blue my Quick Launch started opening on the wrong side of the expand arrows.I tried: removing and reapplying Quick Launch, ran SFC /Scannow, System Restore.Anyone have any suggestions?System OS...
  3. Quick Launch Misaligned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Launch Misaligned: I have no idea how this happened and no idea how to fix this.Today out of the blue my Quick Launch started opening on the wrong side of the expand arrows.I tried: removing and reapplying Quick Launch, ran SFC /Scannow, System Restore.Anyone have any suggestions?System OS...
  4. Quick Launch Misaligned

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working: Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input, either by typing or by ctrl-v pasting. Additionally, the Search process is not running in task manager, though the WSearch service...
  6. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working: Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input, either by typing or by ctrl-v pasting. Additionally, the Search process is not running in task manager, though the WSearch service...
  7. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch: I have used the Quick Launch Bar since its inception and never had a problem with it. However, for the past couple or three days when I click on one of my app icons, I have to double click or it won't open. Anyone having a problem with this? If so, were you able to fix it?...
  9. Quick Launch icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch icons?: How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-launch-icons/a1bd1b0d-244e-41c7-912a-e8a797fbad1d
  10. Quick Assist stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Assist stopped working: I like Quick Assist feature that I used to help my parents with their problems. But it stopped working on my side. When I click Assist another person I see a blank screen and nothing more so I cannot generate a code for them to get connected...