Windows 10: Quick! Problem Installing Updates

Discus and support Quick! Problem Installing Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday, I restarted my computer for the latest update from Windows. When the screen loaded back up, I kept getting a BSoD and no version of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarisaClark, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Quick! Problem Installing Updates

Yesterday, I restarted my computer for the latest update from Windows. When the screen loaded back up, I kept getting a BSoD and no version of Windows would even load, making my computer a very large paperweight... I tried EVERYTHING. It was stuck on a loop and I resolved to the fact that I would factory reset everything and do a clean re-install/reboot of Windows. After I did so, my computer is now Windows 10 version 1511, which is incompatible with the programs I need to re-install for my freelance work on my previous boot of Windows, they opened up just fine because I had a more up-to-date version of Windows.

So, I knew I needed to update my version of Windows. I went to UPDATE & SECURITY>Windows Update and scanned for an update. However, I now keep getting this error: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80240fff

I did further investigating and found

Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.

I have troubleshooted the BITS service and the Windows Update using the control panel. It keeps saying there are errors and that they are fixed, however I troubleshoot just to ensure everything is fixed and the same problems reappear and say they are, once again, fixed... almost like it's stuck in a loop and not actually doing repairs. This is a clean boot of windows. I have installed nothing on my computer yet, as what I need is not compatible with this version of Windows. I downloaded the Windows Update Troubleshooter and it found nothing. I have freelance work starting in January that will require my programs, so I need this to be fixed ASAP. I would appreciate a speedy response.

:)

KarisaClark, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 20, 2019
  3. update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Quick! Problem Installing Updates

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Quick! Problem Installing Updates

1. Quick! Problem Installing Updates - Similar Threads - Quick Problem Installing

2. Quick Access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access problem: I have been searching for a solution to my issue with no success.I have already tried:Clearing the Recent App Data in two folders AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestinationsReset Windows 10 Quick Access using Registry Deleted QatItemsClear Quick Access folders using Command...
  3. quick print problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    quick print problem: Quick print used after a snip routinely runs off the page, cuts off the right part of print to put on a second page waste and useless. How can I simply fit to page, choose landscape, or see a preview? Or, could adding a simple "print" command open the printer dialogue?...
  4. Quick Assist Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Assist Problem: Dears , I tried many times to use Quick Assist feature which in Windows 10 but it ran to fail each time . Many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-assist-problem/f2c459c1-ff38-4911-bc32-f4c57c5749b0
  5. Problem with Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Quick access: Hi all,,,I don't know what has happened but I redirected from Quick Access Documents, Pictures music, to my D drive and when I look at the properties of those in quick access they point to D drive which is ok, but downloads is there and there is nothing in it and it points to...
  6. Problem with quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with quick access: I replaced the system disk with another (clone it). Everything is ok but in quick access there are still connections to the old disk that has now become E, Even if I try to delete them and add the new ones, the wrong connections reappear on every reboot Thank Hispa 119202
  7. Quick Assist problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist problem: I am able to get into Quick Assist ok but the problem I have is that the screen to which I am trying to assistance has a black border which hides one or two of the top right hand buttons. Is there any way to remove this black border or is there a better free equivalent...
  8. Quick access problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access problem: I have a windows 10 pro system. I have a DNS-323 NAS mounted as U: On the NAS I have a main folder "My Videos". Under this folder I have a temp and save folder. I have the U:\My Videos pinned to the quick access. When I use windows explorer to move a file from the main folder...
  9. quick access problem

in Windows 10 Support
    quick access problem: Quick access has a problem where if you a have a folder pinned in the quick access list. You click on that folder name Which takes you to that folder. You now move a file in that folder to a sub folder. After the move the quick access folder name changes to the sub folder...
  10. Quick Assist Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Assist Problem: I would be obliged if someone could provide an answer to this problem. I use a laptop running on Windows 10 Home Edition. My daughter, who lives many miles from me, has a laptop running on Windows 10 Pro edition. I have used Quick Assist a couple of times to help her and on...