Windows 10: Quick question about a local account username.

Discus and support Quick question about a local account username. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I set my username to, for example, HeyEveryone. Would it show up like that at the login screen and as a file name? Capital letters and all? Or does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SilentAssaultX, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Quick question about a local account username.

If I set my username to, for example, HeyEveryone. Would it show up like that at the login screen and as a file name? Capital letters and all? Or does it make everything lowercase automatically?

submitted by /u/SilentAssaultX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SilentAssaultX, Dec 31, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    Quick question about W10 user accounts

Same rule applies domain profiles as well, as the profile director will usually be named username.domain. The standard local profile is usually just username as many of us are familiar with, and the MS profile is a shortened version (at least for my accounts) of the username...or usern would be more appropriate as it seems to use the first 5 characters of my actual username on my MS account. So in that sense they are stored and identified differently by the OS, but could be the same name.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 31, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Quick question about a local account username.

Quick question about W10 user accounts

You can't have 2 local accounts, or 2 Microsoft accounts, with the same name on a single OS. But your local account name can be the same as your Microsoft account name. And you can use either account to sign in. So, technically, yes, you can actually have 2 accounts with the same name on a single OS.

EDIT: Nope! My bad. I was mistaken about that as it turns out. See my post below.

MrGenius, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Quick question about a local account username.

1. Quick question about a local account username. - Similar Threads - Quick question local

2. Quick Question about CPU Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Question about CPU Power: Hello, i wanted to ask a quick question. So i wanna buy a laptop with Intel Core i3-10110U CPU and it says ,,up to 4.1 GHz" What does it mean? Does it mean that it can be overclocked to 4.1GHz or it has 4.1GHz by default? Thanks!...
  3. quick question about some things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    quick question about some things: So I'm a little worried to why Microsoft Store is running in task manager and why Mail and Microsoft Store are using GPU I know its not using any since it says zero % but just a little curious...
  4. Question about quick assist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about quick assist: So, I’ve been having some issues with a potential malware and hundreds of these weird files that I didn’t know what they were so I got into touch with someone from tech support through live chat. I was asked a few questions before he asked whether or not I would feel...
  5. Chaning local username not a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chaning local username not a local account: I do not know how to change my local username on Windows 10. I tried control panel and that's about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chaning-local-username-not-a-local-account/acd5bc50-a857-405a-90b2-37c2ae293185
  6. Quick Question about Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Question about Windows: Hi Just wondering if you could pass a question onto your CEO Satya Nadella.... "Looking towards the future do you think that it is feasible to anticipate that an operating system will be developed which will actually be stable, providing functionality that will be reliable...
  7. Quick question about encryption.

Quick question about encryption.: I want to encrypt a folder but the folder will be getting files added to it on a regular basis. Does windows 10 auto encrypt the files I add to the encrypted folder? submitted by /u/EdwardTeach84 [link] [comments]...
  8. Quick question about the email app.

Quick question about the email app.: I'm fairly new to Windows 10, so apologies if it is a stupid question. When I open the app from the start menu, it always shows my email inbox, yet there are no options to log out. Why is it showing up when I haven't even filled in my login credentials on the website for my...
  9. A quick question about windows 10 activation and windows accounts.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A quick question about windows 10 activation and windows accounts.: I am building a custom computer. If I install windows 10 from a usb using the iso tool, and I already own windows `10 on an old computer. could I use my Microsoft account to activate the new version or do i need to buy windows 10 again...
  10. Quick question about a clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick question about a clean install.: I've been wanting to do a clean install of windows 10 for a long time. I have windows 10, but I want to reinstall it. I want to start fresh, so I've backed up my files. I just have one question, will I need to reinstall my drivers? Because I have no idea where to find...