Windows 10: Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

Discus and support Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone; I just did a fresh install to fix some bluetooth issues I was having. I did a completely fresh install that did not keep any of my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kickeddog, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

Hi everyone;

I just did a fresh install to fix some bluetooth issues I was having. I did a completely fresh install that did not keep any of my old files or settings.

Windows installed successfully, and I did log in to my microsoft account as I had planned.

After the install and logging into my account etc, Bitlocker was already enabled and required the PIN upon boot. This setting and the PIN was the same as from before the fresh install.

Is this all tied to my microsoft account? Is this why it remembered everything and why I didn't need to reconfigure BitLocker?

submitted by /u/kickeddog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kickeddog, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

Xylee Del, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

1. Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker - Similar Threads - Quick question fresh

2. Question about bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about bitlocker: Did Microsoft turn on bitlocker on personal laptops? I helped a student connect to eduoam by installing the eduroam cat client and she wanted to use outlook desktop app to connect to her school email. We had to reboot and bitlocker key came up. Luckily she registered her...
  3. Question about bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about bitlocker: Did Microsoft turn on bitlocker on personal laptops? I helped a student connect to eduoam by installing the eduroam cat client and she wanted to use outlook desktop app to connect to her school email. We had to reboot and bitlocker key came up. Luckily she registered her...
  4. Question about bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Question about quick assist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about quick assist: So, I’ve been having some issues with a potential malware and hundreds of these weird files that I didn’t know what they were so I got into touch with someone from tech support through live chat. I was asked a few questions before he asked whether or not I would feel...
  6. Quick Question about Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Question about Windows: Hi Just wondering if you could pass a question onto your CEO Satya Nadella.... "Looking towards the future do you think that it is feasible to anticipate that an operating system will be developed which will actually be stable, providing functionality that will be reliable...
  7. Quick question about encryption.

Quick question about encryption.: I want to encrypt a folder but the folder will be getting files added to it on a regular basis. Does windows 10 auto encrypt the files I add to the encrypted folder? submitted by /u/EdwardTeach84 [link] [comments]...
  8. Question about Fresh Start

Question about Fresh Start: I have a few games on my PC and I have made a new volume and moved over 200GB of Game files to this new volume. If I do a Fresh Start from my Windows Security app and keep my personal files, will they stay intact as they aren't in C: Drive? submitted by /u/Neucleye [link]...
  9. Fresh Install Questions

Fresh Install Questions: Hey there, so recently I built my first gaming PC. I was having issues with it not displaying anything so I took it to a PC repair shop. The guy fixed it, and also installed Windows 10 as well as all the drivers. This was great, however, I now have a irrational fear that the...
  10. Quick question about a clean install.

Quick question about a clean install.: I've been wanting to do a clean install of windows 10 for a long time. I have windows 10, but I want to reinstall it. I want to start fresh, so I've backed up my files. I just have one question, will I need to reinstall my drivers? Because I have no idea where to find...