Windows 10: Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

Discus and support Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone; I just did a fresh install to fix some bluetooth issues I was having. I did a completely fresh install that did not keep any of my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kickeddog, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

Hi everyone;

I just did a fresh install to fix some bluetooth issues I was having. I did a completely fresh install that did not keep any of my old files or settings.

Windows installed successfully, and I did log in to my microsoft account as I had planned.

After the install and logging into my account etc, Bitlocker was already enabled and required the PIN upon boot. This setting and the PIN was the same as from before the fresh install.

Is this all tied to my microsoft account? Is this why it remembered everything and why I didn't need to reconfigure BitLocker?

submitted by /u/kickeddog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kickeddog, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

Xylee Del, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

1. Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker - Similar Threads - Quick question fresh

2. Quick question about the email app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question about the email app.: I'm fairly new to Windows 10, so apologies if it is a stupid question. When I open the app from the start menu, it always shows my email inbox, yet there are no options to log out. Why is it showing up when I haven't even filled in my login credentials on the website for my...
  3. Question About Installing v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question About Installing v1903: Hello, I just received the "featured update to Win 10, Version 1903" in my Windows Update with the option to download and install. I did not use the manual search for any updates as it was sent while my computer checked for updates while I was doing something else. My...
  4. Fresh Install, quickly, all tasks LAG

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh Install, quickly, all tasks LAG: Just did a fresh install on an ASUS AIO with 8GB Ram running and i5 7200U. Part of the reason this was freshly installed was there were some lad issues before an issue that ended in a BIOS screen that would not go away> Still , now, often, when i click the start button or try...
  5. Questions about installing printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about installing printers: So, I've noticed that when I connect a new printer to the network via WiFi Windows 10 will automatically detect and add it to the list of installed printers. That seems nice except for the fact that the printer name includes numbers and letters that aren't related to the...
  6. Fresh installation question

Fresh installation question: I'm planning my first install of 10 onto a new SSD. I have win7 home registered and my account key on hand. From the reading I've done it seems possible to bypass the "upgrade" step but I'm still a bit confused by some of the jargon etc. Basically what is the simplest...
  7. Quick question about UEFI before installing Windows 10

Quick question about UEFI before installing Windows 10: I'm preparing to install Windows 10 on my new PC. The motherboard is the Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7. I have a quick question about a UEFI setting before I begin: Under "storage boot option control" in the UEFI, I have these options: - Legacy only (default) - UEFI Only -...
  8. Question about install

Question about install: I have the Windows 10 ISO on DVD ready to clean install. I have never upgraded or did a clean install as of yet. I am now running Windows 7 SP1. I read that I can now use my Windows 7 key to clean install 10. But what I want to do is upgrade my PC first with a new motherboard...
  9. Fresh Install Questions

Fresh Install Questions: Hey there, so recently I built my first gaming PC. I was having issues with it not displaying anything so I took it to a PC repair shop. The guy fixed it, and also installed Windows 10 as well as all the drivers. This was great, however, I now have a irrational fear that the...
  10. Quick question about a clean install.

Quick question about a clean install.: I've been wanting to do a clean install of windows 10 for a long time. I have windows 10, but I want to reinstall it. I want to start fresh, so I've backed up my files. I just have one question, will I need to reinstall my drivers? Because I have no idea where to find...