Windows 10: Quick question about PCIe ports and max number of cards

Discus and support Quick question about PCIe ports and max number of cards in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So, lets say for sake of argument, I want to avoid any "but why would you?" comments, I am not gaming on my machine, it is for work, and I utilize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Thornton, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Thornton Win User

Quick question about PCIe ports and max number of cards

So, lets say for sake of argument, I want to avoid any "but why would you?" comments, I am not gaming on my machine, it is for work, and I utilize every last byte of graphics ram, and every last cuda core, if I install a third card using a riser on a machine meant for 2 cards, putting my third card at pcie 3.0 x4, no SLI or NvLink, would using a third card throttle all the cards to x4? That was my understanding a long time ago when I first visited the topic probably close to a decade ago, but at the same time, I really am just not that familiar with the concepts these days.

The bandwidth on a couple cards is relatively inconsequential to me. My main concern is realtime performance drop. What kinds of problems might I run into if the bandwidth does drop? would typical 3D functionality slow, or could an increased number of polygons on a screen in 3D space slow or lag the frame rate due to 3 cards?

This is not a set in stone thing I am chasing right now, but I am very interested to know what kinds of problems I may face if my speeds ARE bottlenecked, and the fastest speed I have is 4gbps.

Thank you so much in advance and I appreciate the time and patience!

:)

Thornton, Feb 22, 2021
  2. limpep Win User

PCIe Network card not doing full speed

I have tried install the card to the main PC and I am getting the full speed. I have tried taking the main PC pcie network card (10Gtek® Gigabit PCIE Network Card for Intel E1G42ET - 82576 Chip)
    and install it into the 2nd PC and I am not getting max speed only 150mb.

limpep, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Alienware 17 R3 PCIE SSD Problems

So when my laptop kept failing the forced updates my PCIE SSD drive failed, so i bought another one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076ZWSW7X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) until i can afford a 960 evo card, the problem is i installed
    the temp card and its not showing up on My Computer or disk management, and driver max detected the PCIE port and found updated drivers, my question is could the port still be fried, or do you think i got a failed drive? Any Advice?

Karrot2001, Feb 22, 2021
  4. pidgezero Win User

LPT PCIe card sometimes not detected at all in Windows 10

I have an ASRock Z170 Pro4 LGA 1151 motherboard, and a RC-302E PCIe 1-Port Parallel Card connected. I am running Windows 10 Professional.

I'm having an issue with the parallel port card where sometimes it just will not show up in Device Manager at all. As in, there is no "unknown device" listed, the device is just completely absent. It doesn't matter if I hit "Scan for new hardware" or not, it doesn't show up.

Sometimes on a cold boot I will see the LPT port registered in device manager and working fine. Sometimes it is just missing altogether. Sometimes it is there at first, and disappears after a while.

Reinstalling the drivers is not the solution, as I've done this several times (and I can't install the drivers if the system thinks the device doesn't exist to begin with).

I was hoping that the solution would be similar to this question, but I have two USB PCIe cards that connect to the power supply which work fine, meanwhile the parallel port card does not connect to the power supply.

I don't know what to do to get it to just work, having to reboot several times just to see if it will work is very disruptive.

pidgezero, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Quick question about PCIe ports and max number of cards - Similar Threads - Quick question PCIe

2. Quick Question about CPU Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Question about CPU Power: Hello, i wanted to ask a quick question. So i wanna buy a laptop with Intel Core i3-10110U CPU and it says ,,up to 4.1 GHz" What does it mean? Does it mean that it can be overclocked to 4.1GHz or it has 4.1GHz by default? Thanks!...
  3. Quick Question about CPU Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Question about CPU Power: Hello, i wanted to ask a quick question. So i wanna buy a laptop with Intel Core i3-10110U CPU and it says ,,up to 4.1 GHz" What does it mean? Does it mean that it can be overclocked to 4.1GHz or it has 4.1GHz by default? Thanks!...
  4. quick question about some things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    quick question about some things: So I'm a little worried to why Microsoft Store is running in task manager and why Mail and Microsoft Store are using GPU I know its not using any since it says zero % but just a little curious...
  5. Question about quick assist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about quick assist: So, I’ve been having some issues with a potential malware and hundreds of these weird files that I didn’t know what they were so I got into touch with someone from tech support through live chat. I was asked a few questions before he asked whether or not I would feel...
  6. Quick Question about Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick Question about Windows: Hi Just wondering if you could pass a question onto your CEO Satya Nadella.... "Looking towards the future do you think that it is feasible to anticipate that an operating system will be developed which will actually be stable, providing functionality that will be reliable...
  7. Quick question about encryption.

Quick question about encryption.: I want to encrypt a folder but the folder will be getting files added to it on a regular basis. Does windows 10 auto encrypt the files I add to the encrypted folder? submitted by /u/EdwardTeach84 [link] [comments]...
  8. Quick question about the email app.

Quick question about the email app.: I'm fairly new to Windows 10, so apologies if it is a stupid question. When I open the app from the start menu, it always shows my email inbox, yet there are no options to log out. Why is it showing up when I haven't even filled in my login credentials on the website for my...
  9. Question about video cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about video cards: I have 2 video cards 1 i bought and the other my friend gavve me. 1st one is nvidea GTX 1070 i believe it is 8 gig ram gddr5 ass i dont think there is a 6 gig 1070, it has according to the specs VR and 3D i dont think it does 4k as its max reso is 1440p. The other video card...
  10. Quick question about a clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick question about a clean install.: I've been wanting to do a clean install of windows 10 for a long time. I have windows 10, but I want to reinstall it. I want to start fresh, so I've backed up my files. I just have one question, will I need to reinstall my drivers? Because I have no idea where to find...