Windows 10: Quick question about searching "Recycle Bin"

Discus and support Quick question about searching "Recycle Bin" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I remember that this used to work on older versions, but I'm now on Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928) and searching "Recycle Bin" doesn't seem to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yesir360, May 4, 2021.

1. yesir360 Win User

Quick question about searching "Recycle Bin"

I remember that this used to work on older versions, but I'm now on Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928) and searching "Recycle Bin" doesn't seem to show the Recycle Bin like it's supposed to. Just me or is this the same with other people?

:)

yesir360, May 4, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

I typed 'r' and got Recycle Bin as a result immediately

Quick question about searching "Recycle Bin" [​IMG]

Edwin, May 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User

Easiest way to search a recycle bin is shown in my screenshot post #2.

To post a screenshot:

What do you see if you rt click the Recycle bin? One option should be Open - same thing if you double click it.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Hi, exactly how are you trying to search it? E.g. this works:

dalchina, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Quick question about searching "Recycle Bin" - Similar Threads - Quick question searching

2. Recycle Bin Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle Bin Question: Why does my recycle bin only show a dozen items at most? I remember times when it showed 50, 60, 70........ Any guidance - re settings probably - is appreciated in advance. Regards .... Tony V. 184035
  3. Recycle bin question

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin question: If I delete a folder that contain files, the files inside the folder will be deleted to recycle bin correct? If I go into recycle bin and right click on that folder and select [delete], all the files inside the folder will be delete permanently correct? If my recycle bin has...
  4. Recycle Bin content in search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin content in search results: I was cleaning a second HD with lots of old files, starting with hundreds of images. To make my work easier, I set Explorer to show large icons. After I selected some files and deleted them, they were still there, showing names starting with $ and the Recycle Bin path. So I...
  5. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  6. Quick Formatting Harddiskvolume3( aka the recycle bin)

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Formatting Harddiskvolume3( aka the recycle bin): Evening, upon trying to recover files from the recycle bin(Harddiskvoulme3) via Recuva, I got the error "failure to determine file system type". According to other forum sites, that error meant that my recycle been has been corrupted! In that case, the thread told me to quick...
  7. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  8. recycle bin

recycle bin: My recycle bin is gone I have tried going to personalization still no recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/d0b32fab-3259-4323-92e9-b49ecdd6f9f5
  9. Quick Launch Recycle Bin not refreshing

Quick Launch Recycle Bin not refreshing: I am using a custom Icon for my recycle bin. I ran into an issue with it not refreshing when it was on my desktop but I was able to resolve the problem by editing the registry. Solution found here: (Recycle Bin - Fix For Custom Icons Not Refreshing - Windows 7 Help Forums)...
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635