Windows 10: Quick Question on sleep mode and power outage

Discus and support Quick Question on sleep mode and power outage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i usually put my PC to sleep more often than turn it off (this has caused me no end of problems when windows wakes up my bloody machine to try and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MajorFoley, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Quick Question on sleep mode and power outage

So i usually put my PC to sleep more often than turn it off (this has caused me no end of problems when windows wakes up my bloody machine to try and install/download updates) anyway sometimes i have had power outages while its in sleep mode and im sleeping myself. Question is how does the PC still wake up to where i was if theres a power outage? Wouldnt RAM lose the session? Whats the option that enables/changes this setting?

This is on any version of windows 10 I've used.

:)

MajorFoley, Sep 14, 2020

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Quick Question on sleep mode and power outage

Sleep mode no longer function on display power?

Hi,

Thank you for posting to our Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: Power Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Please let us know whether you are able to see the sleep mode options by referring the following steps

1. In Search bar type Control panel

2. Select Power options

3. In power saver select change power settings and after that
    select Change advanced power settings in that check whether you can see the
    sleep mode.

Also refer the below link,

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Quick Question on sleep mode and power outage

1. Quick Question on sleep mode and power outage - Similar Threads - Quick Question sleep

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  5. Quick Question about CPU Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Question about CPU Power: Hello, i wanted to ask a quick question. So i wanna buy a laptop with Intel Core i3-10110U CPU and it says ,,up to 4.1 GHz" What does it mean? Does it mean that it can be overclocked to 4.1GHz or it has 4.1GHz by default? Thanks!...
  6. Quick Question about CPU Power

Quick Question about CPU Power: Hello, i wanted to ask a quick question. So i wanna buy a laptop with Intel Core i3-10110U CPU and it says ,,up to 4.1 GHz" What does it mean? Does it mean that it can be overclocked to 4.1GHz or it has 4.1GHz by default? Thanks!...
  7. Power Saving Mode Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Saving Mode Question: My brother has windows as his POS at his shipping store. He noticed lately that the computer would go on power saving mode. He already tried creating his own plan. He disabled that option on his customized plan. For some reason it is still happening....
  8. Display Power & sleep question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display Power & sleep question: I recently got a new computer running win-10 and a new Dell monitor. Went through the setup steps one of which was display settings. I put 20 min in for power setting and never in sleep. I've used these setting for years in other machines but now the monitor will not power...
  9. Power outage while PC in sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power outage while PC in sleep: My PC suffered a power Outage while it was in sleep mode. When power came back, I started it up and it was running very slow, could not even get Task Master to work. Re Boot and screen message said a disk cleanup was necessary. When that did not work, went to USB startup disk...
  10. Question about recent power outage and PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about recent power outage and PC: Since changing CMOS battery and Surge Protector there has not been anymore issues with my PC not powering on. Thanks for all the help and info.