Windows 10: Quick Question, What is that Passive Heatsink on Motherboard called

Discus and support Quick Question, What is that Passive Heatsink on Motherboard called in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] I'm referring to the Non-CPU heat-sink to the right over there, I just got into telling an old story to a Co-worker about this little tidbit I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SotoPrior, Sep 21, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Quick Question, What is that Passive Heatsink on Motherboard called

Quick Question, What is that Passive Heatsink on Motherboard called [​IMG]

I'm referring to the Non-CPU heat-sink to the right over there, I just got into telling an old story to a Co-worker about this little tidbit I figured out about those Loosely connected Heat-sinks there in terms of what their purpose generally serves in starting up computers, (from several experiments I had worked on as a student in the past, let's just say,) and I completely realized I never truly learned the proper name for those things. So yeah, anyone know what those are called again? Just quickly trying to research for the proper terminology for whenever I may need to further investigate their true repair method, for such a delicate microchip. Thanks.

:)

SotoPrior, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Mindrestx Win User
    Quick Heatsink/Fan question

Would a three pin CPU Fan work on a mobo on a four pin cpu fan connection? If not can anyone suggest a good four pin heatsink/fan for a 3.4Ghz Intel Pentium 4 650 Prescott 800MHz. thx*Smile Quick Question, What is that Passive Heatsink on Motherboard called :)

Mindrestx, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Quick Question, What is that Passive Heatsink on Motherboard called

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Quick Question, What is that Passive Heatsink on Motherboard called

1. Quick Question, What is that Passive Heatsink on Motherboard called - Similar Threads - Quick Question Passive

2. quick question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick question: On Windows 10, when installing updates there will come a time when you're forced to install them only options being sleep, install and restart, or install and shut down, and this comes within a month or 3 weeks but another way I can turn off my PC is if I press the power...
  3. quick question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick question: On Windows 10, when installing updates there will come a time when you're forced to install them only options being sleep, install and restart, or install and shut down, and this comes within a month or 3 weeks but another way I can turn off my PC is if I press the power...
  4. quick question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Quick question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick question: I personally haven't had it happen to me, but I'm still asking anyways. Can video files on Windows 10 get corrupted with time and not play anymore? I have a Windows 10 and have a bunch of old videos.And if so, can you restore it without installing any apps?...
  6. Quick question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick question: I personally haven't had it happen to me, but I'm still asking anyways. Can video files on Windows 10 get corrupted with time and not play anymore? I have a Windows 10 and have a bunch of old videos.And if so, can you restore it without installing any apps?...
  7. What kind of screws I need for the CPU Heatsink?

in Windows 10 Support
    What kind of screws I need for the CPU Heatsink?: As you can see, there's only holes on the MoBo, the blue behind is the table where the pc case is laying on, sideways. Attachment 309782 Below you can see that there is nothing behind the MoBo (once it's installed). Attachment 309781 Attachment 309783 Is this what I...
  8. Quick question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question: All the apps on my taskbar and desktop just randomly went white (changed to the paper looking thing) for a second then came back. Is this normal and has it happened to anyone else? submitted by /u/Gamingkiller99 [link] [comments]...
  9. Quick question..

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick question..: It seems for some reason that I can't expand the start menu horizontally. Vertical is fine but it's not moving in the horizontal direction past one column. Here's how I set it up: 1 Upgraded Win8.1 to 10240 with an ISO 2 Tried to add/mod the start menu and it just will...
  10. Quick Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Question: I have a strange question, however, I feel that this might help me from losing my mind. Does anyone on this forum live near New Orleans (north or south shore), Louisiana? I need some help fixing issues on my laptop. Thank you for your time! 72746

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whats the little heatsink on my motherboard

2. what is passive chipset heatstink