Windows 10: Quick saving copies via photo's edit function no longer possible ?

Discus and support Quick saving copies via photo's edit function no longer possible ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; has anyone else noticed QOL features being removed from certain programs now.. the biggest example for me being the quick saving of edited photos to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DiBBz, Feb 28, 2021.

1. DiBBz Win User

Quick saving copies via photo's edit function no longer possible ?

has anyone else noticed QOL features being removed from certain programs now.. the biggest example for me being the quick saving of edited photos to include a auto generated prefix at the end of the file name for quicker saving rather than having to manually type into the file name etc ?

So when editing a photo [Edit&Create > Edit] and going to save a copy. it no longer adds the (2) prefix at the end of the file name just before the file extension

So for example:

TestExamplePhoto.png

To

TestExamplePhoto(2).png

if anyone knows how to correct this issue and can shed light on the matter it would be greatly appretiated. i find myself editing photos extremely frequently through out the week and this will cut down on time fumbling in trying to get the filename not to conflict with the original filename and it constantly asking me if i want to replace the current file when saving a copy!

im running 20H2 - 19042.804

And this only started happening after upgrading my boot SSD from a 120 to 240gb and fresh installing of windows on that drive (no clone or nothing)

:)

DiBBz, Feb 28, 2021

2. Saving a copy of an edited picture in Photos

Hi Debby,

There are different possible causes as to why the "Save a Copy" feature you have been using in Photos app would stop working normally. This may be related to settings we need to correct or corrupted files. For us to resolve this concern, kindly follow the
    steps below to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• In the Windows search bar type in the word troubleshooting.
    • Once the results show up select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Choose Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the steps.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 28, 2021
  3. MaeZStaun Win User
    PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy"

Before the latest MS update, I used to be able to simply "SAVE" my edits in the PHOTOS app, so that my changes would be overwritten on the original photo (when I chose). That option is suddenly no longer available to me (grayed out), and after editing a
    photo, my only choice is to "SAVE A COPY." Most of the time, I don't want to create a second copy....and it's always a pain to hunt down the location of the the edited version. It's wasting a lot of my time. How can I re-enable the "SAVE" option?

And for heaven's sake, why on earth was this changed!? What if I have lengthy, multiple stage edits to one photo!? I am in the habit of frequently saving my changes.... now I have to keep creating multiple copies of the same photo!!!

MaeZStaun, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Quick saving copies via photo's edit function no longer possible ?

Automatic Update Made Photo Editing Not Work Correctly

This is NOT solved--just fixed.
    Microsoft ran an automated update a couple of days ago and now photo editing is not working the way it did previously. I shoot a lot of photos for a local news website and after editing, saved them with new names that help me sort--so, for example, football photos might be F1, f2, etc. After the update, when i edit a photo, it saves only as a copy of the original name (IMG4028, for example, so I get IMG4028(2). Only after I do that, do I get the "save as" option back, which means i either give up my naming convention or have two or more copies of everything.
    Any suggestions? The "save as" option does not appear in the first step anymore.

ADDED: It's the software that came bundled with the Windows 10 Edge computer--it's just the Photos app.

Thank you.

Pam Robinson, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Quick saving copies via photo's edit function no longer possible ?

1. Quick saving copies via photo's edit function no longer possible ? - Similar Threads - Quick saving copies

2. Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing: This is a simple nitpick I had before there was an update that changed the program. Before the update, when I was finished with editing a photo, it saved automatically with a new file without overwriting the original file. For example, a file was be named "anonymous.jpg" and...
  3. Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving a Photo in Microsoft Photos after editing: This is a simple nitpick I had before there was an update that changed the program. Before the update, when I was finished with editing a photo, it saved automatically with a new file without overwriting the original file. For example, a file was be named "anonymous.jpg" and...
  4. Saved edited photo not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved edited photo not found: Windows 10. Opened a photo using "Photos" , edited photo, only option available is Save a Copy. No choice as to location for saved photo. Where is the saved photo?...
  5. Saved edited photo not found

Saved edited photo not found: Windows 10. Opened a photo using "Photos" , edited photo, only option available is Save a Copy. No choice as to location for saved photo. Where is the saved photo?...
  6. PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy"

PHOTOS app - Can't "save" photo edits, just "save a copy": Before the latest MS update, I used to be able to simply "SAVE" my edits in the PHOTOS app, so that my changes would be overwritten on the original photo when I chose. That option is suddenly no longer available to me grayed out, and after editing a photo, my only choice is...
  7. The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy.......

The 'Save as' function in Photos now automatically saves a copy.......: ....to the folder of the original file. e.g. the memory card. I don't want to save it there but am given no choice. This has changed since the last Update. Previously when you went to save an edit to a photo, you were prompted to name the folder you wanted it saved to....
  8. Saving Edited photos

Saving Edited photos: Sometimes, but not always when I edit a picture and go to save it, the program seems to stop, it spins and spins as if it is trying to save but never accomplishes it. What can I do to fix this? Jamie...
  9. unable to save edited photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to save edited photos: I'm unable to save edited photos. They are mine, I took them and placed them on my Windows laptop and share them with my iphone and ipad. I do not understand technobabble. I need the editing format to work, simple as that, I need the fix. If someone answers that if I share to...
  10. Microsoft Photos is not saving edits

Microsoft Photos is not saving edits: In photos if I make a crop that saves fine and opens in other programs and uploads online as cropped BUT color and exposure changes do not. It acts like it's saving but when opened in another program or uploaded it looks like nothing was done. When reopened in photos it shows...