Windows 10: Quick scan due - Windows in S Mode

Discus and support Quick scan due - Windows in S Mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My new laptop in S mode keeps attempting to perform a quick scan alongside a warning message Quick Scan Due - several dots appear across the screen as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkOakleymo, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Quick scan due - Windows in S Mode

My new laptop in S mode keeps attempting to perform a quick scan alongside a warning message Quick Scan Due - several dots appear across the screen as if its doing something but this goes on for hours with no result. My security is up-to-date and the laptop is barely used.

My understanding was that Windows in S Mode doesnt allow for scans in the first place so why is this message appearing? Its a new laptop for a family member so I dont want to have to reset or boot all over again.

Any answers?

:)

MarkOakleymo, Aug 21, 2020
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Scan - Scan Due

Eberewurz

Uninstalled but still having the issues with the quick scan.

As far as the article goes, again, it explains the features and why they did certain things when it comes to the window S mode. I get that. I'm not trying to start a quick scan or any scan for that matter. There seems to be an issue with Windows Defender
    constantly saying that a quick scan is due and I can select for it scan now but nothing is accomplished. Upon searching there are quite a few others experiencing the same issues with overdue scan, as well as the windows update issue.

Smeed

Where in the articles does it address my issue about the quick scan?

RomannamoR11, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Quick scan due - Windows in S Mode

Windows Defender Scan - Scan Due

I am having issues with Windows Defender doing a quick scan on Windows 10S mode. It continually asks for a quick scan that's due but doesn't actually perform one. I get the notification to perform one but it never accomplishes the scan once I go in. I have
    read several articles but no clear answers on how to solve.

This is a brand new Lenovo computer purchased a few weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.

RomannamoR11, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Quick scan due - Windows in S Mode

1. Quick scan due - Windows in S Mode - Similar Threads - Quick scan due

2. Quick Scan Due in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Scan Due in Windows Defender: Hello, just a question, what does Quick Scan Due mean in Windows Defender? It usually does it on its own. Is it because I havent been on my computer in a few weeks?...
  3. Quick Scan Due in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Scan Due in Windows Defender: Hello, just a question, what does Quick Scan Due mean in Windows Defender? It usually does it on its own. Is it because I havent been on my computer in a few weeks?...
  4. windows 11 in s mode getting yellow caution triangle and scan due message.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 11 in s mode getting yellow caution triangle and scan due message.: windows 11 in s mode. have a yellow triangle and scan is due message but unable to manually start any scan. doesn't have the option like regular windows. searched the help section of Microsoft and all I get is windows 10, 11 in mode is the most secure windows there is and...
  5. Quick Scan due but not working

Quick Scan due but not working: I have a new Acer running Windows 10 S. The icon on the task bar tells me " Virus &Threat protection Quick Scan due " So i press Scan Now and all i get is this and and nothing happens . Also I cannot access the scan schedule details Any ideas anyone ? Thanks...
  6. quick scan due

quick scan due: My computer shows a yellow caution on the windows security icon, I think it was due to the scan not complete but when I did quick scan again it doesn't move I waited for an hour but it doesn't move. pls tell a way to solve this problem....
  7. Quick Scan Due

Quick Scan Due: This is a new laptop. For several days the Windows Security notification says "Actions recommended." When clicked, Defender reads Quick Scan Due. The dots move left to right but the scan doesn't happen--even after many hours and numerous restarts.This pc is running Windows in...
  8. quick scan frozen in windows s mode

quick scan frozen in windows s mode: In windows s mode virus and threat protection says quick scan due but it never completes the scan. How do I stop this notification in the task bar. Thank you...
  9. 1909 - Windows Defender freezes mid scan.. constant "quick scan due"

1909 - Windows Defender freezes mid scan.. constant "quick scan due": Howdy! I installed Windows 10 Pro completely fresh (new cpu, new motherboard, new drive) in December and since then the little windows defender icon in the tray has had the yellow ! triangle telling me a quick scan is due. But whenever I perform a quick scan (or a full scan,...
  10. Windows Defender "Quick scan due" Warnings

Windows Defender "Quick scan due" Warnings: Good evening, My Windows Defender keeps bringing up a warning icon, saying "Quick scan due" when I open it. This is quite annoying as it occurs very frequently throughout the day, even though I scan it multiple times just to see a green check icon. I would understand if it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 in s mode quick scan due

2. windows in s mode virus check due

3. quick scan in s mode

4. microsoft defender running quick scan for hours in s mode,
  5. running a scan with windows in s mode