Windows 10: QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN

Discus and support QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI WHEN I STARTED SCAN IT SAYS SCANING BUT THE FILES SCANNED COUNT IS NOT SHOWING. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT REALLY SCANNING OR HANGED AT THAT POINT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YARLAGADDAVENKATA JAYAPAL, Apr 15, 2020.

1. QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN

HI

WHEN I STARTED SCAN IT SAYS SCANING BUT THE FILES SCANNED COUNT IS NOT SHOWING. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT REALLY SCANNING OR HANGED AT THAT POINT

:)

YARLAGADDAVENKATA JAYAPAL, Apr 15, 2020

2. Windows Defender quick scan fails to complete

When I try to employ a "Quick Scan" procedure in Defender, the scan progress indicator, coloured green, stops half way and does not complete.

The files scanned number continues the count as if it is doing a full scan.

My Windows 10 updates are correct as our the virus definitions etc.

Any suggestions on why the "quick" scan fails to complete?

Thanks

[Original title: Windows 10 Defender]

Tony Lawrence, Apr 15, 2020
  3. BTC55 Win User
    Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Compumind Win User

QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN

Quick Scan?

I firmly believe that this is an error. Add this to the 1809 bug list.
    Try forcing another Quick Scan and post back.

Thanks. *Smile

Compumind, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN

1. QUICK SCAN OR FULL SCAN COUNT OF FILES NOT SHOWN - Similar Threads - QUICK SCAN FULL

2. the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...: Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when i used to run the quick scan it would complete the scan it would say 25000 to 35000 files scanned and nothing found. . I think i have a virus because i get emals from...
  3. the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...: Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when i used to run the quick scan it would complete the scan it would say 25000 to 35000 files scanned and nothing found. . I think i have a virus because i get emals from...
  4. quick scan scanning too many files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    quick scan scanning too many files: quick scan scanning too many files, i don't even have that much of files and it stops at this point and just keep counting files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan-scanning-too-many-files/2e0b7954-1eec-4601-bd4f-99028dd1cbd2
  5. Quick Scan

Quick Scan: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  6. Quick scan

Quick scan: My laptops quick scan is not stopping,it has scanned some 5 lakh file today and is still going whereas on any normal day it scan 50 k files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/ccdc3fef-cc4b-4988-bd2d-1e7a80573ca3
  7. ? on file counts during scans

? on file counts during scans: I have Malwarebytes paid on my 20H2 desktop. After running full scans with MB, it had shown 302k files. With Windows defender full scan showed 791k files . Why is that ? ...thanks in advance. 178962
  8. Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan: I've scheduled a Defender weekly run (which wasn't easy) but I find that it's using the Quick Scan option. I'd like it to do the Full Scan option. I went to Microsoft's "help" pages but they just led me around in circles. I this possible? Or am I barking into the wind?...
  9. Useless Automatic Quick Scans vs. Fruitful Manual Full Scans

Useless Automatic Quick Scans vs. Fruitful Manual Full Scans: Greetings, I've been a Windows person for almost 3 years now. In Appleland I never had to sweat virus activity. In Windowsland I've had to explore how and where people get viruses. (Morbid curiosity.) I now know the type of dicey sites that infect, but something about...
  10. Quick Scan?

Quick Scan?: This on a top of the range Surface Pro 4 i7 doing a Quick Scan.....M$ you must be joking. 129520