Windows 10: Quick Scan process not cprocessing

Discus and support Quick Scan process not cprocessing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I try to Run the Quick scan and it is working but it never goes any further, I see the green bar pulsating but stopping at the 45 second marker and I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by karolinafernandez, May 17, 2020.

1. Quick Scan process not cprocessing

I try to Run the Quick scan and it is working but it never goes any further, I see the green bar pulsating but stopping at the 45 second marker and I left it running all night without any new progress but still attempting with the the green Pulsating

:)

karolinafernandez, May 17, 2020
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, May 17, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Quick Scan?

I firmly believe that this is an error. Add this to the 1809 bug list.
    Try forcing another Quick Scan and post back.

Thanks. *Smile

Compumind, May 17, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Quick Scan process not cprocessing

Quick Scan?

Not necessarily. The time taken is calculated from the actual start and finish times. If you put the machine to Sleep/Hibernate part way through a scan the time taken will include the time spent asleep. Here's a quick scan that I put to sleep for more than 15 minutes part way through....

Quick Scan process not cprocessing [​IMG]

Uninterrupted, the same quick scan takes 1 minute 23 seconds.

Thema:

Quick Scan process not cprocessing

1. Quick Scan process not cprocessing - Similar Threads - Quick Scan process

2. Quick Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Scan: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  3. Quick Scan Continues

Quick Scan Continues: My laptops quick scan is not stopping,it has scanned some 5 lakh file today and is still going whereas on any normal day it scan 50 k files[Original Title: Quick scan] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan-continues/ccdc3fef-cc4b-4988-bd2d-1e7a80573ca3
  4. Quick scan

Quick scan: My laptops quick scan is not stopping,it has scanned some 5 lakh file today and is still going whereas on any normal day it scan 50 k files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/ccdc3fef-cc4b-4988-bd2d-1e7a80573ca3
  5. windows defender quick scanning process gonna endless

windows defender quick scanning process gonna endless: windows 10 ; windows defender ; full updatedstart quick scan ,then :last night=scanning almost 2 hour but scanning only complete half and scanning ,scanning and scanningtodays day = scanning 1 hour again but again failed to this endless scanningNow = almost 30 minutes gone ,...
  6. Quick Scan

Quick Scan: In windows security it says I need to perform a quick scan. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/c41cc680-8c41-4e16-b78c-7dfebb438daa
  7. QUICK SCAN

QUICK SCAN: Microsoft How many days does Quick Scan take to complete? Answer Quick Scan? What's that? Google had some good answers, but I didn't want t o be mean steeped in my disappointment that every quick scan takes unknown amount of DAYS and up to a WEEK to complete. FAIL...
  8. Quick Scan

Quick Scan: When a "Quick Scan" is due and I click on it, it sometimes takes DAYS to complete...anyone else have this problem? For it to be called a "QUICK SCAN" is just ridiculous!! Is it possibly a Microsoft Edge or Windows 10 S problem???...
  9. quick scan

quick scan: My computer keeps warning I need to run a quick scan. I click on this and then dots run across the screenwhich I presume is the quick scan running. Problem is this does not end, just keeps running....
  10. Quick Scan?

Quick Scan?: This on a top of the range Surface Pro 4 i7 doing a Quick Scan.....M$ you must be joking. 129520