Windows 10: Quick Search Broken after Windows Update

Discus and support Quick Search Broken after Windows Update in Cortana to solve the problem; Before the update, at any time, I could:1. Press the Windows Key.2. Type in the name of the desired app I wanted to use say, Firefox.3. Hit enter to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Aryan Ritwajeet Jha., Aug 18, 2021.

1. Quick Search Broken after Windows Update

Before the update, at any time, I could:1. Press the Windows Key.2. Type in the name of the desired app I wanted to use say, Firefox.3. Hit enter to load the app.All of it without touching the mouse.After the update, all I can do is:1. Press the Windows Key2. Try to type but nothing happens.Either I have to manually click in the area of the Start Menu, or I have to follow with a Windows+s search shortcut key in order to the get the search box up with the cursor blinking. Directly pressing Windows+s also doesn't work., brings up the search bar but the cursor isn't blinking inside. Needs eit

:)

Aryan Ritwajeet Jha., Aug 18, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Quick Search Broken after Windows Update

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

Quick Search Broken after Windows Update

1. Quick Search Broken after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Quick Search Broken

2. Windows Search is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search is broken: When I type on the search bar on start, on windows explorer search, and on windows settings search bars nothing happens. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-is-broken/e36b5f64-dd4f-4129-8a25-0dddc9d30a8f
  3. Windows Search is broken

in Cortana
    Windows Search is broken: When I type on the search bar on start, on windows explorer search, and on windows settings search bars nothing happens. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-is-broken/e36b5f64-dd4f-4129-8a25-0dddc9d30a8f
  4. Windows Search is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search is broken: [ATTACH] Hi, I need your help because for some reason, and no matter what I search, I've got Minecraft (Windows 10) that comes up first in the search thingy, it would be nice if I actually wanted to launch it, but it is bothering, since I can't press Enter to launch the...
  5. Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update

in Cortana
    Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update: Does anyone have any advice on how to fix search being broken after v2004 feature update? - File Explorer unable to type anything in the search bar - Windows/ Start Menu unable to type anything to search - Search Icon/Bar unable to type anything or respond when click -...
  6. Windows Search is broken

Windows Search is broken: I am unable to click the search icon on Windows taskbar. Pressing the Win key on keyboard and then typing searched word isn't working either. Is there any known solution to fix this? (occurred after last insider update) submitted by /u/TheFluffyIron [link] [comments]...
  7. Local disk search broken after update

Local disk search broken after update: After the latest update, when you search from the explorer window it does not find anything from local disk. What is funny, for my mounted onedrive disk (and downloade offline files) the search works as intended. No changes in the indexing and search options comparing with...
  8. Window Search Broken

Window Search Broken: Long story short, I got an upgraded hard drive. I installed Windows 10 Pro 64 successfully on the hard drive, signed back into the Windows account and everything is perfect, EXCEPT.... I have noticed that for some reason, in this fresh install of Windows, the search bars at...
  9. Quick Access broken after upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access broken after upgrade to 1903: So far the 1903 upgrade from 1803 is working okay, that is until I used Quick Access. Before when I clicked on a QA link, it would open the folder in the navigation pane, now it does not. It just shows the contents. Second issue is after I unpinned and deleted the...
  10. Broken Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken Quick Access: Today I've noticed that my quick access in file explorer is now just complete empty and i don't know why. However if I use a program to browser files quick access works just fine. Please someone help me. [ATTACH] This is broken [ATTACH] But This is not....