Windows 10: quick search extension

Discus and support quick search extension in Cortana to solve the problem; is "quick search extension" really from Microsoft, or is it a scam?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by dauds, Jan 1, 2021.

1. dauds Win User

quick search extension

is "quick search extension" really from Microsoft, or is it a scam?

:)

dauds, Jan 1, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

quick search extension

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

quick search extension

1. quick search extension - Similar Threads - quick search extension

2. Windows Search not searching contents for certain extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search not searching contents for certain extensions: Been looking for this for several days.I have a couple of file extensions that Window's search is not searching contents for? .kjb and .kjrIf I change the extention to .txt if finds it based on the contents of the file. I even went so far as to make a copy and change the...
  3. Windows Search not searching contents for certain extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not searching contents for certain extensions: Been looking for this for several days.I have a couple of file extensions that Window's search is not searching contents for? .kjb and .kjrIf I change the extention to .txt if finds it based on the contents of the file. I even went so far as to make a copy and change the...
  4. Windows Search not searching contents for certain extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you define search kind extensions for searches?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you define search kind extensions for searches?: How do you define an Image when you search? For example, when I search and use 'kind:=picture', I get a my autocad .dwg files in my search results as well as .jpg, .gif etc So, how do you tell Windows, which file extensions constitute a picture (or any other file extension...
  6. Search quick access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search quick access not working: First to know, this happens normally when the computer turns on and then is using a search. When I try to type something for search in "search quick access " search simply doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't allow me to type a word to execute a search, and at the very...
  7. Burst search extension cannot be removed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Burst search extension cannot be removed: Soory if this isnt the appropriate place to post this, but i saw that I had an extension called "burst search". I cannot remove this. I assume it is some type of malware, is there a fix? submitted by /u/Beanger11 [link] [comments]...
  8. Quick search isn't available in search bar

in Cortana
    Quick search isn't available in search bar: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. but I still can't get quick search option in Windows search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-search-isnt-available-in-search-bar/4709c6f9-bd80-4dac-b9ea-536d99602088
  9. optinum search extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    optinum search extension: WIN 7 ive tried every suggestion ive found to detach or eliminate this extension. caNNOT GET RID OF IT.... is there a MS patch ????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/optinum-search-extension/70d8b58a-1163-4381-a4fa-d9a9e3ae6e0c
  10. Search contents of files with dynamic extensions

in Windows 10 Support
    Search contents of files with dynamic extensions: Hello, Let me preface this by saying that I do not have administrator rights to the machine I'm asking about. I will need to get IT Support to actually fix this for me, but they sort of looked at me with their eyes glazed over when I tried to explain it to them. So, I...