Windows 10: Quick search isn't available in search bar

Discus and support Quick search isn't available in search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. but I still can't get quick search option in Windows search bar... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DisnaRanjani, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Quick search isn't available in search bar

I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. but I still can't get quick search option in Windows search bar

:)

DisnaRanjani, Jun 23, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 23, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Quick search isn't available in search bar

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Quick search isn't available in search bar

1. Quick search isn't available in search bar - Similar Threads - Quick search isn't

2. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working: Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input, either by typing or by ctrl-v pasting. Additionally, the Search process is not running in task manager, though the WSearch service...
  3. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working: Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input, either by typing or by ctrl-v pasting. Additionally, the Search process is not running in task manager, though the WSearch service...
  4. Issue with search bar & quick assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with search bar & quick assist: There is blank screen in the search bar sometimes while searching & quick assit doesn't opens always shows blue screen with endless buffering , I rebuilt search index , trouble shoot search and indexing , run dism restore health command , run sfc , run chkdsk commands , check...
  5. Search bar isn't working perfectly

in Cortana
    Search bar isn't working perfectly: Whenever I type anything on search bar it turns blank,this issue is occuring from the time I had updated to 20h2,recently I had contacted my pc manufacturerHP as my pc was under warranty.After many remote test my hp agents,they send HP engineer to my home,to check my...
  6. Why isn't Search bar changing???

in Cortana
    Why isn't Search bar changing???: Hey! After the 20H2 update, almost every PCs have the search bar changed from 'Type here to search' to 'Search'. But...why isn't it changing on mine?? Even my brother's changed, my classmate's changed, and why is it not changing on mine?!! Please tell me any solutions. I...
  7. Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar: I got a new update on my computer but now the search bar isn't appearing on the taskbar. I already tried using the taskbar settings too. Is anyone else experiencing this problem as well?...
  8. Explorer Quick Search bar will not take input

in Cortana
    Explorer Quick Search bar will not take input: I have a user account that will not allow any input in the Explorer Quick search bar. Clicking on the bar and typing produces no results. Occasionally pressing Control-F then typing will show only the last character typed. Most of the type there is no way to put any input...
  9. Quick Access Search Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Search Bar Not Working: When I search in file explorer, usually I can weed out certain file types quickly. Since I got my new computer, it’s not working consistently. Sometimes I search “videos” and nothing comes up even though there definitely are videos in that folder. I need this function to...
  10. This PC shortcut isn't available in Search

in Cortana
    This PC shortcut isn't available in Search: Hello, I don't know when it was changed, but actually when you type in search 'this PC' to find shortcut, it shows "Show workgroup belong to this PC" (can be different in EN Windows version), so i can't quick entry "this PC", because Search Best Results don't show what I...